Toyota pink Honda Blue Hyundai Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am mid process of changing the timing belt and water pump on my tiburon and after reinstalling the water pump I'm wondering what kind of coolants I can use. Hyundai is very vague on what they actually require, just stating an ethylene glycol if I'm not mistaken. I was at an autozone looking at the three different Asian versions of peak and all of the ingredients are listed to be the same and in the same order so what are the differences in these and are there any dangers for using one in application of the other (assume no mixing)?

Originally Posted by HyundaiAbuser
So I am mid process of changing the timing belt and water pump on my tiburon and after reinstalling the water pump I'm wondering what kind of coolants I can use. Hyundai is very vague on what they actually require, just stating an ethylene glycol if I'm not mistaken. I was at an autozone looking at the three different Asian versions of peak and all of the ingredients are listed to be the same and in the same order so what are the differences in these and are there any dangers for using one in application of the other (assume no mixing)?

I like the Valvoline "Asian" fluid for our Hyundais. It comes dyed Red or Blue. Blue looks better in a Hyundai than does red, but the color doesn't matter.

Readily available in a 50/50 premix at Walmart. I like pre-mix because we have high mineral content water at our house. I figure that the coolant makers don't just put any old tap water in there
smile.gif

Originally Posted by HyundaiAbuser
Does anyone know the difference between these types of coolants?

If i'm not mistaken they are all P-OAT coolants, just dyed differently.

So pick the colour you like the most and that's about it...

If you were shopping AZ you were likely looking at Peak Asian OET AF, which as noted an Asian PHoat using different tint to match the OEM tint. Nothing wrong with the Peak, except that it's pricey compared to Valvoline/Zerex sold at WM, ~$12.50/gal in blue or red tint. Unless you prefer or must have a green tint AF, I'd just switch over to blue tint in Val/Zerex. Since they are all PHoats, no danger in mixing.

Yes Hyun vague in OM recommendation, as most AFs are ethylene glycol based. Stick with an Asian PHoat.

I was planning on switching to zerex blue it's just the Walmart on my side of town didn't have any in stock whereas I know the one on the other side does.

As said same coolant just different color.

But where can you buy the asian coolant in full, not the 50/50? I can only easily find the 50/50 and its $15 a gallon.

If you do a complete drain and flush on your cooling system prior to filling, then it won't really matter which you use, as long as it is an Asian P-OAT of some kind. Ideally, get one at full strength rather than the 50/50 pre-diluted stuff, since you'll have some water left in your system after flushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back