Eneos Premium Ultra 0W-30 C2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from Poland,

we recently at polish Oil-Club made a VOA of metioned Eneos oil and got results interesting enough to share them here. Oil for analysis was taken from fresh bottle, 2018 and send to polish lab Polaris. We made both basic and IR for this oil, I'll attach both.

As you can see there is lot of potassium, really low TBN but then high VI. We would like to know what oil freeks from other side of great pond are thinking about it
wink.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I'm really surprised to see so much potassium in a VOA...I thought that this was usually present in oil at very low levels except in UOAs from cars with coolant making its way into the sump! I am very curious as to the source of the potassium, its presence is clearly intentional given that this is a VOA.
With the low calcium level and minimal sodium, I'd have no issue running this oil in my DIT engine as it is likely LSPI resistant...but I doubt I will ever see this on the shelf at Walmart!

Thanks for sharing and greetings from New England!

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
I'm really surprised to see so much potassium in a VOA...I thought that this was usually present in oil at very low levels except in UOAs from cars with coolant making its way into the sump! I am very curious as to the source of the potassium, its presence is clearly intentional given that this is a VOA.
With the low calcium level and minimal sodium, I'd have no issue running this oil in my DIT engine as it is likely LSPI resistant...but I doubt I will ever see this on the shelf at Walmart!

Thanks for sharing and greetings from New England!

It could be a Potassium Triborate which acts as an excellent cold temp Ant-wear agent.

Anytime you suspect a coolant leak you should have a VOA of the oil done for comparison of potassium and sodium levels.

Thanks MolaKule for the education. There have been a few oil analysis reports posted here with potassium levels but no sodium that members questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back