Best Black Friday Tire deals? Stores, not mail-order

My SUV is in immediate need of tires; actually holding out for the sale. I have a Big-O near me, Discount Tire.

Les Schwab, Firestone, too - but not so interested in their limited options and generally higher prices. Pep Boys also an option, but not so close ( I like to use the free rotation service). Anyone have good experiences with BF deals and who does the best? Last year we put Cooper C5 Ultras on the Lexus for just a hair under $300 W/rebates, deals. Very happy with that!

Do they typically drop deals on the Friday itself, or earlier in the week? (yes, I'm eager!)

Originally Posted by Oro_O

Do they typically drop deals on the Friday itself, or earlier in the week? (yes, I'm eager!)

I believe the stores(online or otherwise), mention the timeframe/dates of their BF deals, I didn't know that they kept it a secret.

Good luck,

CB

Retailers are redefining Black Friday and the same deals are often had before or after Black Friday.

Discount Tire locations in my area are always busy.

Have fun getting new tires Black Friday or the day after from them.

I guess they could write it up as law away if you want to come back a week later when they don't have
a 6 hour wait. Or maybe you can go online and set up an appointment with them or maybe not. All the appointments are booked up on Friday, Saturday and most are already booked up on Monday at the Lynwood, WA DT location.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Costco usually has some good tire deals as well on Black Friday or Saturday cant recall which. That said it was packed and people all over waiting to put tires on. Personally I don't like our local Costco installers but I am sure that changes with location. Installed my tires wrong (flat tire) and put wrong wheel weights on. I hand carried tires and will never do that there again. Buying them there they will support follow up work. Otherwise want to charge you to fix their mistakes.

DT/AT hasn't posted thier BF promos yet. While their most recent promos haven't been as good is in the past, it's all relative. Ime, they've still been better than competitors (non clubs) in the same time frame. Unlike some apparently, I've never felt an entitlement to sales/promos being the same for eternity. Have to wait and see what this one is.

As for installation, never been an issue for me. Unless one is in a real hurry, tires can be purchased during promo period and if busy can be installed at one's convenience later. My .02

Originally Posted by Oro_O

Why not just call 'em and find out directly?

Previous DT BF sales have been somewhat lame, 15% off everything or whatever.

There are manufacturer rebates that run all month, and if you buy "snow" tires you can double down with their credit card $50 rebate.

So the DT/AT/DTD BF promo has now been posted on their respective websites, 10% off total purchase of four tires and/or wheels. 5% additional rebate if one uses the DT/AT CC. The latter is worth having ime, if desired can spread out payments with no interest. So possible 15% rebate on BF purchase on topic of any manufacturer rebates. For comparison, BF promo identical to 2019 DT/DTD Labor Day promo. Manufacturer rebates at bottom of link.

Discount Tire Black Friday 2019 Promotions.

Im not impressed with any of these tire deals ,most are MIR which take months and are offered year round
black fridays are an instant savings everywhere except tires..whatever

Well, I wasn't going to buy new rubber for my 2 cars until next Spring due to winter wheels and tires being on now, but who doesn't like to save a few bucks? DT didn't have what I wanted available locally but since I wasn't in a hurry to get them, I went ahead and had them order 2 sets of tires yesterday. Using the DT card gives me 6 months no interest, and I'll bring the wheels in when they are not as busy.

Sheesh, I was in at 1:00PM at my local store and they were telling people coming in that their cars wouldn't be ready for 6-8 HOURS. They expected their guys to be there until 10 or 11 PM (store close is at 6:00PM).

I think Pep Boys was buy 2 Cooper tires and 2 two free.

I went with America's Tire, so I need to complete the rebate form soon.

Im not impressed with any of these tire deals ,most are MIR which take months and are offered year round
black fridays are an instant savings everywhere except tires..whatever
costco and sams have some instant savings deals.. but its not combined with free install (which really makes that deal)

DT looks like 10-15% rebate + manufacturers MIR $50-$70(yokohama is another 10% rebate)

My SUV is in immediate need of tires; actually holding out for the sale. I have a Big-O near me, Discount Tire.

Les Schwab, Firestone, too - but not so interested in their limited options and generally higher prices. Pep Boys also an option, but not so close ( I like to use the free rotation service). Anyone have good experiences with BF deals and who does the best? Last year we put Cooper C5 Ultras on the Lexus for just a hair under $300 W/rebates, deals. Very happy with that!

what car? what tires? need basic info if you want more than basic answer.

what car? what tires? need basic info if you want more than basic answer.
This thread was a year ago.

However, the smashing good Gm tire deal is on again this year through 11/30. Price match, + $200 off Goodyear, Hankook, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Continental. $100 standard rebate + $100 for using GM card to purchase (free to get, no requirement to finance). Smashing deal - got truck tires last year, getting snow tires for the car this week.

Back