Most Reliable Cars of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota and Mazda top the list with (3) models each. *These lists are questionable so I take them with a grain of salt.

Link

Even minor changes can drop reliability scores. Can you truly rate the reliability of a current year model? There is no statistical analysis of the 2020 model. New and cheaper suppliers could be used. Corners cut. You have no idea how reliable the 2020 version will really be.

The list is based off their subscribers performing surveys on their 2018 vehicles. CX-9 is interesting because I need occasional 7 seats in a vehicle when I replace my 07 MDX with 196k.

Doesn't Toyota own a portion of Mazda and dont the Japanese auto makers use many of the same manufacturers for parts like sensors...?

That list is so yawn inducing. I get it.. simple is reliable.. but they're all just appliance cars.

Originally Posted by buster
*These lists are questionable so I take them with a grain of salt.

+1
Where's Volvo?!
21.gif

What about electric cars? Our company has tested drivetrain subcomponents for Tesla and the units look great after 300K. Except for batteries, these cars may be in their golden age before they try to find ways to make them cheaper.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Doesn't Toyota own a portion of Mazda and dont the Japanese auto makers use many of the same manufacturers for parts like sensors...?

Yes and yes.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
And not a single one I'd want to own.

Same here.

Yep-not a Crown Vic on the list
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by skyactiv

Yes, usually Denso parts

Originally Posted by buster
Toyota and Mazda top the list with (3) models each. *These lists are questionable so I take them with a grain of salt.

Link

So you would think a fiat or a jeep is more reliable rhan a toyota?kmy?J?21

I'd take a Miata RF Club with the Brembo/BBS Recaro package, but nothing else on the list interests me in the slightest.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
hmmm, most reliable cars of an upcoming model year....

Right? I don't take reliability into consideration until at least 3-5 years plus. Then again I don't own anything nearly new yet

A Lexus GS and the Mazda Miata are just appliance cars? You either have some really nice AMG's, S2000's and M cars that have spoiled you or big mouth and no time behind the wheel of either of those.

I agree this list is speculative, even with the same power-train one cannot predict future reliability if manufacturing conditions and locations change along with parts suppliers,we do not know if this list is taking that into account when making their pics on vehicles. The GX,GS,Miata and, 4Runner are still Japanese domestic production only models that have all been built in the same respective factory for years, and their platforms engines and transmissions are evolutionary not revolutionary, so they are pretty safe bets based on the 12/14-19 MY cars. Others like the CX-3 and Kona and NX 200T are packed with new tech to that platform and in reality we will not know how they held up till 6-8 years and 80-120k miles are on most of the cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back