Capco racing 👎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year if I were staged with Torrence I would deeeep stage him every time. That is ridiculous what he did and NHRA is roached. They should have made him sit out at least one race next year. Non professional big time. He don't get to tell the guy next to him how shallow or deep they can stage!

I'll just say this: If Cameron had been the one acting like a little spoiled child, he would have been sent home on the spot, and lost any points accrued at the event. At the very least. There likely would have been fines involved too.

I'm a fan of Steve, and did not approve of what he did at all. I completely understand him being angry about it, and in his defense we don't know what was said right before it happened, but it is still no excuse for his actions.

I'm a Tony Stewart fan so I guess I am used to my driver doing things without thinking them through.

I was aware of the slap on the wrist. I should've specified a significant fine.

I know others that were kicked out, and fined far more, in cash and points, for far less.

I could give numerous other examples of little torrence temper tantrums. But I digress.

The Capco Crew are good guys anyway.

"we are out-gunned, we're under-funded, we're racing the team that's racing for the world championship" - Cameron Ferre

When you're a scrapper team, the only reason to deep stage on a championship team is to get them to red light. You can't beat them, so you resort to tricks at the line. It's bush league.

It's no different than blocking a race leader when they're about to put you a lap down. It's unbecoming to attempt to ruin someone else's day because you can't keep up.

Perfectly legal, but it's trashcan racing.

Pushing competitors is also trashcan racing. No winners here.

The first thing I thought when I sat the altercation was "This boy thinks he's racing NASCAR!"

When I was bracket racing, I would see an occasional car with "Deep" written on the window to signal their intention to deep stage. Is that not an actual requirement, or are the pro rules different?

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer
"we are out-gunned, we're under-funded, we're racing the team that's racing for the world championship" - Cameron Ferre

When you're a scrapper team, the only reason to deep stage on a championship team is to get them to red light. You can't beat them, so you resort to tricks at the line. It's bush league.

It's no different than blocking a race leader when they're about to put you a lap down. It's unbecoming to attempt to ruin someone else's day because you can't keep up.

Perfectly legal, but it's trashcan racing.

Pushing competitors is also trashcan racing. No winners here.

YES....this x1000 Also a Torrence fan!

There's nothing wrong with deep staging. It's perfectly legal. It's also a risk for the driver that does it.

In this case it worked. It rattled little torrence. To the point that he threw (another) temper tantrum at the top end of the track. And actually tried to pick a fight. Of course he knew he'd get the sucker shot in, before others saved him from retaliation.

I've witnessed this type of behavior for 10 years or so. I keep thinking that one day he'll grow up.

What Cameron did was perfectly legal, and I support it 100%. There's nothing wrong with playing mind games. We do it all the time in bracket racing. A cool and collected driver can shrug off the mind games and run his/her own race. If you can't handle it, stay off the track. If I know I'm at a disadvantage, I'm going to do whatever I can to get inside your head, and I don't really care if that hurts your little feelings.

It's no different than in football when an offense pulls out some trick plays when they know they're up against a stronger defense. It's no different than stealing a base in baseball. The tricks and mind games are part of what makes it exciting.

John force deep stages all the time . If you don't cheat you don't eat! lol this is just another way to make your competitor possibly light.
I like the Torrence team as well but that is just over the top for me. And the worst part is he knew he had the cameras on him.

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
We do it all the time in bracket racing.

Right. Bush league racing.

It's "Busch" league, and there's nothing Busch League about it. It's just deep staging. It's not like he's flashing a laser pointer in his eyes or something.

I have no problem with Cameron deep staging. If anything Steve's reaction now lets everyone else know he is annoyed by it. Doesn't John Force deep-stage a bunch anyway?

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
It's "Busch" league, and there's nothing Busch League about it.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=bush+league

bush league
/ˈboÍoSH ˈˌlÄ“É¡/
NORTH AMERICAN
noun
a minor league of a professional sport, especially baseball.
"their bush league image"
adjective
INFORMAL
not of the highest quality or sophistication; second-rate.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Doesn't John Force deep-stage a bunch anyway?

John Force is John Force like Dale Earnhardt was Dale Earnhardt. Cameron Ferre isn't John Force. Also, John Force doesn't deep stage during the first round of eliminations in a race he has no chance of winning.

If it were further in eliminations, sure, deep stage away. Use every opportunity you can to scrap out an advance.

If it's the first round and you just barely squeaked by in qualifying and you're lined up against the #1 qualifier and series points leader who is racing for a championship, deep staging shows an incredible lack of sportsmanship. The literal (see above) definition of "bush league".

If your concept of "winning" is simply competing to ruin someone else's day (or season, in this case), you're a loser no matter the result.

Obviously you're not a racer. Cameron did absolutely nothing wrong.

I've had the pleasure of working for some championship winning teams. Most of the people running the tour are good people, and adults. Every (adult) knows there are no guarantees, and if another opponent succeeds in psyching you out, that is just part of the game. It happens frequently. The adults know this and accept this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back