used Porter Cable circular saw for $30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed an extra circular saw as I burnt out my Craftsman 2 3/8hp widening a piece of granite inset for a new stove as I like to keep a 24T in one and a 60T in the other.

On CL two weeks ago I bought a used Wen for $10 for my 2nd saw, it works fine, light which I like but lightweight. Yesterday at a garage sale I bought a used Craftsman 2 3/8hp for $20. Now I have 3 circular saws. Now I see a used Porter Cable for $30 on CL. I do Handyman work on the side, p/t, semi retired. Opinion. Is this an upgrade? Get it and sell my $20 Craftsman or the $10 Wen? Or pass on the PC? Is a used Skill Saw for $15 an upgrade? All seem to have homeowners use, shows little use, cords are 100% like new.

Originally Posted by JLawrence08648
Opinion. Is this an upgrade?

I would not consider a Porter Cable an upgrade. It's a decent saw, but it's a consumer level saw. If you need a quality saw, step up to a professional level. Look for an aluminum or magnesium shoe without beveled edges and extra bevel capacity. My personal preference is a worm drive saw, especially if you're doing granite cuts. A little heavier, but you can use that weight to your advantage and they'll power through pretty much anything you can throw at them, including granite.

I did not check the New price, Thanks. Tractor Supply $60, Lowe's $50 with a 3 yr warranty. Ryobi $50 with a 3 yr warranty, $60 if you want the laser feature.

PC $30? Too much unless it's new and it's not. Thanks. I should have done my homework before posting on here

Is the PC any upgrade over the Craftsman I just bought? Seems not? I was wondering if I should make a fair offer, $15? It seems if you can wait and you have at least one, there are always circular saws on CL.

Porter Cable makes a decent circular saw. I have two Makita saws. One I have had since I was 18 and it still works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back