What is your favorite airline and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Daughter flies to Denver for Thanksgiving and the wife and I will over Christmas. We almost always fly Southwest and that is pretty much the only carrier I really have experience with.

I like them because:

1. I can find cheap fares
2. The service is good
3. 2 bags fly free
4. They don't nickel and dime you to get a decent flight.

The one with the cheapest fair it isn't like the old days they offer very little that another airline doesn't and as for their food LOL I'd prefer a PBJ and sandwich!

The vast majority of my trips are international. I use All Nippon Airways. Excellent service on the ground and in the air.

If domestic, I like Alaska. My second choice is United.

Consumers demanding cheap flights has ruined flying in general for me.

If I lived near the west coast, they now have "private jet coops" which would get my business.

Cutest flight attendants work on Delta.

American has very old grouchy female flight attendants.

I agree , the 'Walmart-ification' of air travel has made things worse over the years...

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Consumers demanding cheap flights has ruined flying in general for me.

Couldn't agree more.

Delta because their customer service is one of the best and because we live in their home town we have decent fares.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ZZman
My Daughter flies to Denver for Thanksgiving and the wife and I will over Christmas. We almost always fly Southwest and that is pretty much the only carrier I really have experience with.

I like them because:

2. The service is good
3. 2 bags fly free

Southwest for the same reasons.

Any of them that get me to destination on on time without serious delays or hassle. Includes United, Delta, Swiss Air, Air France

Even Frontier and my RT $70 ticket to Portsmouth NH<> Orlando was incredible flight.

The worst has to be Air Canada for a work fly 4-5 times a year. I have never experienced a positive thing with them including outdated dirty/noisy planes, rude cabin crew (yes Canadians rude!), delays and cancellations.

Originally Posted by Inspecktor
Originally Posted by ZZman

I like them because:

2. The service is good
3. 2 bags fly free

Southwest for the same reasons.

+1 Soutwest for me. Their boarding options are great, too

I flew Southwest once. That was two times too many. Never again.

None of the other airlines are really a favorite, but being near Chicago I tend to split between United and American, which ever is cheaper. And as I get older, I find that I really don't want to deal with any of them anyway.

My all-time favorite airline was the original Midway that was around in the late 80's. Not as many destinations, but if they served somewhere that I wanted to fly, they were my first choice.

I'll drive to Indy, so that I can fly Southwest to Phoenix (or where ever).

I used to like TWA, in an odd way. I always referred to them as "The Worst Airline", and kept going back for more punishment. That's going back a couple of years.

I travel a decent amount for business. Meaning I fly 2-4 times a month. Since I live 35 miles south of the Atlanta airport, I use Delta exclusively.

I didn't used to when traveling on personal time. It was all about the lowest fare and getting there during convenient times for me. I used to wonder why people that flew frequently on business loved Delta sooooo much. Now I know why.

It's because they are better, they have the largest fleet, they have the most flights. No, they aren't always convenient, but flying from Atlanta, I can get most anywhere non-stop.

I think they try their best to be the best.

Also - everyone in the air travel industry can spot a veteran business traveler from someone that isn't. It's easy. Also, on a Delta flight, there is a marked difference in level of service with regards to freebies you can get if you are sitting in front of the wings versus not. Sometimes I get on an earlier flight, which I forfeit my "good" seating, so this is a good way to see the differences. Granted, free alcohol and such is standard with Comfort Plus and of course First Class, but there's other small things.

Originally Posted by opus1
I flew Southwest once. That was two times too many. Never again.

None of the other airlines are really a favorite, but being near Chicago I tend to split between United and American, which ever is cheaper. And as I get older, I find that I really don't want to deal with any of them anyway.

My all-time favorite airline was the original Midway that was around in the late 80's. Not as many destinations, but if they served somewhere that I wanted to fly, they were my first choice.

The last thing I want to worry about when I arrive at the airport is where I am going to sit in an airplane.

A DOZEN TIMES NO THANK YOU..........DON'T CARE HOW MUCH LESS THEY ARE - BTW-it's usually not that significant of a difference...IMHO.

Southwest Newark to Midway was my favorite for a long time. My son lived in downtown Chicago close to Midway. Now he's in the burbs closer to O'Hare and Southwest dropped their Newark service a few days ago. To be honest any airline that gets me where I want to go and gets me there in one piece I'm happy. Too many people take air travel for granted. I don't.

I fly about 90% international and fly business class … so prefer airlines that don't have too many classes.
For example, was flying BA early in the year … most packed business class in the sky.
Been taking United lately … 1-2-1 and I can grab a single window seat and still have aisle access … lie flat seat and nice storage etc …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back