Tablet question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am looking at getting the wife a new tablet. BJ's has the following.

1. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" with a total of 64GB @ $110
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" with 32GB @ $160
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" with 128GB @ $230

All the tablets appear to have the same operating system and can have the GB's increased.

Any opinions as to which is a better deal. Wife started out with the 8" but is now thinking 10"

I've had a Galaxy A 10" 16 GB for 3 years now and it works great. I did add a 64GB SD card so I can offload apps from device storage. For general web browsing, I like it better than my Wife's iPad.

Last edited:

I started a thread on Wednesday concerning Black Friday sales with the ultimate goal of finding the best price I could on a Samsung Tab A 10.1" 32gb. I just ordered three from the actual Samsung site for $159 each. A savings of $70 per tablet. I actually called the Samsung online sales department to make sure they weren't some kind of scaled down model. They assured me they were not and the prices were a reflection of their early Black Friday sale. If shipping time is important, I think Amazon, with Prime, had some as well.

Slick17601,

I bought me and my wife this exact tablet (Galaxy A 10" 16 GB) almost four years ago. Hers is still going strong. My battery gave up the ghost a year ago. They were perfect for what we needed a tablet to do. Of the three I ordered, one is for me and the other two are Christmas presents.

It depends on what it will be used for. Kindle fire tablet may also serve such purpose. $99 on Black Friday, their largest screen tablet, if I know correctly.

I have learned to stay away from Samsung due to their lack of updates and nowadays rooting those phones/tablets is not as easy as it used to be.

How comfortable is your couch ?

Get her the best one , for Christmas .

Originally Posted by 007
I am looking at getting the wife a new tablet. BJ's has the following.

1. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" with a total of 64GB @ $110
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" with 32GB @ $160
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" with 128GB @ $230

All the tablets appear to have the same operating system and can have the GB's increased.

Any opinions as to which is a better deal. Wife started out with the 8" but is now thinking 10"

Just sent my friend to BJ's to pick up a 10". Just need to get a case and whatever else makes the wife happy! Already have extra SD cards.

I have had an RCA from walmart with the attachable keyboard. I have no idea where the keyboard is now because I never use it.. Got it from Wal-Mart online at Christmas for $79. IT has been a great little Android device has 32 Ram and 10.2 " screen. Take it everywhere. Has had to survive big fall from the roof of the camper and a Grand daughter playing games. Bought my wife an Ipad last Christmas that is 10inch also. When wego camping my RCA picks up the wifi easy while hers does not. JUst really depends on what they want. I was traveling to texas to pick up a truck with my BIL and the radiator let loose on his truck. WE pulled off the road and went to a McDonalds and located a radiator using it and changed it out on the side of the road and went on back to Kentucky. Itake it with me all the time. It also has an HDMI ports and USB and memory slot for SD memory. Use the HDMI when camping and have downloaded Netfix movies to watch later. Works Great.

Originally Posted by MoneyJohn
It depends on what it will be used for. Kindle fire tablet may also serve such purpose. $99 on Black Friday, their largest screen tablet, if I know correctly.

I've had a Kindle Fire HD10 for a couple years now that I picked up for $100 on a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal. The downside is that, out of the box, you are stuck in the Amazon ecosystem for apps and such. With that said, it was extremely easy to find the modifications necessary to add the standard Google Play Store. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back