Ford Maintenance Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
[censored]! Ford did it again in their Fiesta Owners manual. They did the same in other manuals. On page 275 - replace spark plugs every 100,000 miles. Page 279 - replace plugs every 60,000 miles. Says to replace timing belt every 150,000 miles. I bet somewhere else it says to change it sooner.

The manual for our 99 3rd generation Tracer said to change the manual transmission fluid every 160,000 miles. After it started making noise I found at an obscure place in the manual to change it every 80,000 miles. Unlike the earlier Tracer's that were dogs the 3rd gen was a really great car. Too bad Fords recommendations ruined the 5 speed manual transmission.

Looks like if you are going by a Ford User Manual you better read all 300 pages before something goes wrong.

You must have missed page 87 where the Fiesta needs a blood sacrifice, only then will it go to 100,000.

On page 5 it says also will accept a ritual to Henry Ford.

There is always a "Severe Service" (dusty, a lot of idling, towing, etc.) that mandates earlier spark plug & fluid change intervals. That would account for 2 Maintenance Schedules.

I think the editor for the manuals needs to have a performance evaluation. If I was off by 40% in my job I would be give what we call the "box walk". The box walk is last walk through the parking lot with your personal belongings after you're fired.

long intervals or lifetime are sales pitches to attract buyers $$$ not in your best interest, but once warranty is gone manufacturers care LESS its your $$$ not theirs!!

Might as well recommend change cylinder head at 100k.
Oil change every 30k whether needed or not kinda thing.

Yeah … on my 2015 Explorer the normal and severe mileage was not side by side …
severe duty was in another section of the manual

No mention of "Severe Duty" in the owners manuals. Whoever writes the manual needs an editor looking over his shoulder.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
You must have missed page 87 where the Fiesta needs a blood sacrifice, only then will it go to 100,000.

On page 5 it says also will accept a ritual to Henry Ford.

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back