Mazda CX-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

Should be interesting to see how this impacts the sales of the CX-3. Both are nice looking. The CX-30 only comes with the more powerful 2.5L engine.

There is quite a bit of black trim on it.

[Linked Image]

So its like a CX 3 but longer? Yet smaller than a CX 5? What has happened to the car markets? "Welcome to [any brand dealership] all we have are crossover SUVs in 18 different sizes, take your pick!"

Originally Posted by dareo
So its like a CX 3 but longer? Yet smaller than a CX 5? What has happened to the car markets? "Welcome to [any brand dealership] all we have are crossover SUVs in 18 different sizes, take your pick!"

What's wrong with more choices?

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

What's wrong with more choices?

Well they will sell fewer units per model so you will have fewer of the model you want to look at on the lot. You will have smaller quantity of scale discounts. Each spin-off model has colors, trims, options, its madness. Just my opinion but i think they should just hammer down on the CX-5. Discount it, sell a ton, forget wasting time on so many slight size variants. Not sure why you need a CX-3 and CX-30 its so close together.

It's all SUV's these days, I think the CX30, CX5 CX9 and 2019+ Mazda3 all share large amounts of chassis bits, the CX3 was based off the Mazda2. The CX30 should be much more of a drivers vehicle. The market is SUV's and upscale trucks in any size and engine and transmission configuration you can think of, sedans area dying breed, unfortunately. I was briefly considering a CPO CX5 or CX9 or even a 2019 AWD Mazda 3 hatch to replace the G37x in the next few months, but then I remembered how much I like driving every time I get in a sport sedan and the number of deer and elk and other road hazards I've not hit because of it that an SUV would have plowed into. Enter one can have a one owner no accident 40-60k mile 13-15 Lexus GS350 AWD for under $20k and just budget $3-4k for repairs over the first 3-5 years.

Confusingly, the CX-3 is a jacked up 2, this is a jacked up 3 and the CX-5 is a jacked up 6.

It'd make more sense selling it as a Mazda3 SportCross or something, but ehh.

I get the impression that the CX3 is on its way out in the US. The CX30 is the successor. Also the Mazda 3 will have a awd option if one doesn't want a crossover.

There is also the CX-X coming soon. That will be assembled in the new Alabama plant. Bigger than the CX5 but not as big as the CX9.

It's a transition of model choices imo.

"Welcome to [any brand dealership] all we have are crossover SUVs in 18 different sizes, take your pick!"

You are correct. And people buy them like crazy.
Why should they stock sedans when that is not what people want to buy?

Public: "We don't want wagons!"
Auto makers: *takes wagon, lifts it, calls it a crossover"
Public: "OMG THAT IS AMAZING!!!!"

That thing looks like it has absolutely 0 space behind the rear seats.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Does this model come with the cylinder deactivation?

I believe only the highest trim level does.

Originally Posted by PimTac
The SkyActiv engines have CD except for the turbo models.

I think only the highest trim level does. Let me check....

"The Skyactiv-G does come with cylinder deactivation technology but it is only available with the top of the line Premium variant."

21.gif

Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by PimTac
The SkyActiv engines have CD except for the turbo models.

I think only the highest trim level does. Let me check....

"The Skyactiv-G does come with cylinder deactivation technology but it is only available with the top of the line Premium variant."

21.gif

Is this for the CX30?

Originally Posted by buster
Yeah...

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news...subaru-crosstrek-nissan-rogue-sport.html

https://www.motor1.com/news/383473/2020-mazda-cx-30-pricing/

"The flagship CX-30 Premium has all the bells and whistles, including leather seats and a power liftgate, not to mention a head-up display and adaptive headlights. Making the financial effort to go for the top-spec model will bring you a powered sunroof, paddle shifters, cylinder deactivation, and roof rails."

It doesn't make sense. Why would CD be a premium option?

Now the HUD I can understand. That's one of the greatest things I've enjoyed on our CX5. I'm surprised they haven't gotten more popular.

I'm not sure. I have to verify this through other sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back