Great Canadian Oil Change - What Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Canada, one of our quick oil change places is called Great Canadian Oil Change. I had my winter oil change done there today because I'm not up to crawling under the truck when it's cold outside and snow everywhere.

Does anybody know what synthetic oil and filter they use? I keep forgetting to ask. I use synthetic in my 2014 F-150 because it is an Ecoboost engine. The oil is used on the 2 turbos and the engine is high compression DI.

I don't know too much about turbos except that the engine oil is used with them. Is this for cooling or lubrication or both?

Originally Posted by KevGuy

I don't know too much about turbos except that the engine oil is used with them. Is this for cooling or lubrication or both?

Oil both lubricate and cools the turbos, however they are also water cooled nowadays.

If you check out their website, they mention using both Valvoline oil and filters. They specifically state that Valvoline filters are Fram which is a bonus for you.

Originally Posted by Uregina09
If you check out their website, they mention using both Valvoline oil and filters. They specifically state that Valvoline filters are Fram which is a bonus for you.

Probably an orange can put on then. It's all good.

Originally Posted by jbutch

Oil both lubricate and cools the turbos, however they are also water cooled nowadays.

What lubricates a water cooled turbo?

Originally Posted by jbutch

What lubricates a water cooled turbo?

There are oil lines that feeds oil to the turbos' journal bearing when there is oil pressure and the water cooling is to cool the turbo, even after engine shut off to prevent oil coking.

Originally Posted by farrarfan1
Can't you just call them and ask?

Far too simple when you can get opinions from everyone on the www instead of facts.

They use Valvoline oil filters. Had my oil changed at one while I was a long way from home and the OCI indicator popped up. In terms of oil you have a number of options. I had M1 put in, but they had various flavors of Valvoline and Amsoil too.

N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back