2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD 6.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Here is the report for my truck. Its a '03 GMC SIerra 1500HD 6.0L. The truck gets used mainly as "the family truck", it hauls and tows, plus many normal trips the auto parts store and hardware store on the weekends. The bad thing is it just doesnt get driven a lot. I have only averaged about 5k a year on the truck. So I have been changing the oil once a year.... Here is what my report looks like for the latest oil change:

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 75
[Linked Image]

Nice report, wear metals a fair amount below universal averages.

I imagine in Kern County CA this truck could last just about forever with this regimen and the low mileage you put on it.

Yup.. 8 lug 1500..... And yes, this truck will probably last me a very long time... I try to drive it more, but i just don't.. Not the trucks fault (other than the fuel economy, the only downfall of the truck), It just doesn't get out much...

How is your oil pressure? I have a 2004 6.0 swapped into a half ton. I have about 30-35 on a cold start idle, 18-20 warm idle and around 30-35 warm at highway speeds. I use 0w40 castrol currently. I get 12-15 warm idle on 10w30 pup.

Originally Posted by Redright9
Yup.. 8 lug 1500..... And yes, this truck will probably last me a very long time... I try to drive it more, but i just don't.. Not the trucks fault (other than the fuel economy, the only downfall of the truck), It just doesn't get out much...

This makes me miss my heavy half Ram 1500... 8 lug 3/4 ton with leaf springs (2012 so last year for those before the 3/4 tons got coils) with a 1500's hood and badging. Never should've gotten rid of it.

Good looking report, long live the six liter LS engine.

I have the brother to the OP truck...its a good truck...only had to replace oil pressure sending unit and change the starter.

I had BlackBear tune the ECU and it is peppy....gets slightly better fuel economy as well. It is a very basic truck and that is what I like.

My oil pressure seems good.. Warm idle about 25-30, cruising 40ish.... So far so good... I have seen some others GM engines run low oil pressure on idle, but this one seems ok. I thought about doing a BlackBear tune, but right now just run the 87 octane Diablo "canned tune". I put a size larger tire on the truck and wanted to just adjust the speedo and compensate for the larger tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back