Need earbud recommendations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get another new pair of earbuds. Something is shorted in the inline switch on the ones I have now so my volume goes up and down by it's own and it'll think I'm trying to activate Google Assistant when I'm not even touching anything.

Literally the only earbuds that have ever worked for me have been Yurbuds Inspire 300 with the silicone cover things because they are the only type that don't immediately fall out of my ears.

The only place I could ever find them was Target but they stopped carrying them, and for how much Amazon wants for them I could buy 6 pairs for what I had paid for these at Target...

I tried out JBL Endurance earbuds because they have the silicone things on them but they were TERRIBLE! Such a lack of bass that no amount of EQ'ing could bring them to life, and the vocals and highs sounded like they were being played on a tin can. Promptly returned...

Can someone recommend me new earbuds that are comparable to the Yurbuds? Preferably wired because my battery life already sucks enough as it is. Thanks,.

Last edited:
Check out Sony MDRXB50AP on Amazon.

Also check out Easy KZ ZST on Amazon

If you really like music for cheap.

I Really Like My Pixel Buds, but they are Pricey.
I have the wired and wireless varieties... neither sounds better/worse than the other, but the wired ones (only $30) the (USB-C) Cord is shorter than i would like, and between my clumsiness fumbling the phone, and moving too far from the phone and yanking the cord from the phone's port, I blame them for the now loose charge port in my phone..( to clarify, the port itself isn't Loose, cables just don't want to stay plugged into it. they fall out easily.)

I only have the wireless(Bluetooth) ones (~$150) b/c I was able to get them "free" using rewards points...

Google Pixel USB-C Digital Earbuds - Amazon

Pixel Buds - BestBuy

in either case, adjusting the Little Cord Loop to fit inside your ear really does keep them planted(at least for me)

Last edited:
IN the ear are finicky to a good seal in the ear canal, asymmetric pressurisation of the bud's microdiaphram.

I have a pair that are so good I cried and put them away as I was not worthy. They analysed and measured by en.goldenears.net to be low distortion and reasonably free from resonances and tonal abberations compared to their peers. They are a biit heavy and tend to fall out so not for casual use though, sorry.

I think they were metal LG Quadbeat SE.

I Typically use classic accepted standard circumaural monitor headphones.

Like 37 year old AKG K240 or Sony V6 or Samson SR850 AKG clones for knock-arounds.

[Linked Image]

My best experience with inexpensive earbuds to date have been Panasonic. Around $10, and they include S/M/L earpads. I normally have the same problem as OP with hard plastic earbuds falling out.

I bought 6 pairs of Yurbuds Black for the exact same reason (stay in ears).

I went with the re-newed/refurbished lot/batch way, and they really looked really good. Pretty much like brand new.

Hope it helps.

Originally Posted by fsdork
My best experience with inexpensive earbuds to date have been Panasonic. Around $10, and they include S/M/L earpads. I normally have the same problem as OP with hard plastic earbuds falling out.

Yes, in my experience these $10 Panasonics are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back