Engine RPM’s while passing

Status
Not open for further replies.
On NZ 2 lane roads, straight bits are not common, so when I pass, car or bike, it needs to happen right now - full throttle and red line.

2200-2500 sometimes up to 2700 whenever the allison gets its head out of it's back end.

5k to 6k rpm... VQ 3.5.

I go from typically 45-55 mph to 75-85 mph passing cats on Rte 5..

A number of good passing areas on that road. I believe in hauling donkey and getting by then asap.. then slowing down to my normal 63-64 mph cruising speed.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Alfred_B
6 to 7k on two lane routes.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
I paid for the whole tachometer, I'm gonna use it!

Originally Posted by Char Baby
My 4 bangers usually hit/surpass 6 grand.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Wife's Audi is a stick, has a 2.0 turbo and sees 6500 rpm everytime I drive it. The fed tune VAG 2.0 turbos with a stick pull beyond the redline. My Elanta has a 1.6 turbo and I take it a little over 6 all the time. RPM doesn't bother me. When I was a mechanic at a Honda dealer, I liked when I got a chance to drive a Civic Si and pull it to 8K RPM.

And then we have posts asking, "why can't I find cars that last more than 200,000 miles."

Ahh I have 288k miles on my Nissan Altima VQ... Driving like those others guys... For very short sprints that is not a big deal.

Better than bending a rod with the piston hitting the head due to carbon buildup.

also if you don't exercise it it wont have the passing power when you need it.

But I understand those who want to keep their car for long time.

I'm just not there yet - maybe in 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back