STP S2808 (Blue) now also a H/K clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
I'm not sure if this has been shared information already but now, along with the previously discussed STP S2808XL (10K mi) and S2808ML (15K mi) filters, the basic blue S2808 (5K mi) filter is a Hyundai/Kia Mann-Hummel clone. The only difference i see is the use of nitrile ADV. It feels just as substantial. I put one on the Kia today and forgot to take pics so this is from Auto Zone's website...

$4.99

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Thank You for the info. I will check my Autozone soon and maybe grab one and cut and post it

Thank You sir
smile.gif

Any time buddy.

I also liked their previous design. Not sure if it was Puro or Wix.

Good news for the blue can, I recently bought one for a friend's car and it was the same design as the Supertech ST9688, with the weird beveled base gasket. I'll have to pop in to Autozone and see, maybe I got old stock. If it's the M/H version now that's a steal at $4.99. The OEM one is a strapping lad.

Imo, the fact that it uses a nitrile adbv makes it not an H/K clone. The Hyun/Kia oem, Wix/Napa Gold and ProSelect equivalents all use a silicone adbv and made in S Korea by Mann (M&H). The Valvoline OF equivalent with same coo posted here recently I supsect also made by Mann also uses silicone . What I can see on the AZ display pic, agree that appearance otherwise looks similar. I suspect if like other STP blue now, the coo is China.

That said, not saying it's not a serviceable filter option for Hyun/Kia applications. Just noting what to me is an important difference.

Never seen any "authortitive current information" anecdote or site information proving a black adbv made of silicone posted here or elsewhere. When one posted it will be a first for me. That includes the filter topic of this thread.

I welcome information proving contrary on topic filter ie., that the topic filter adbv not nitrile as noted by the OP.

Originally Posted by 69Torino
Good news for the blue can, I recently bought one for a friend's car and it was the same design as the Supertech ST9688, with the weird beveled base gasket. I'll have to pop in to Autozone and see, maybe I got old stock. If it's the M/H version now that's a steal at $4.99. The OEM one is a strapping lad.

I don't have any of the beveled versions. Below are images of the ones I have, other than the one new one I have in use which "copies" the MH H/K design

20191121_115709.jpg

20191121_115752.jpg

20191121_115815.jpg

20191121_115726.jpg

20191121_115732.jpg

20191121_115832.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back