Need a dashcam hardwire kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember who recommended it and I don't feel like digging for the post but I ended up getting that Cobra dash cam someone here had told me about a few months back.

Very high quality camera and liking it so far except for one thing. The cigarette lighter power adapter that came with it puts off a TON of RFI. When I plug the dash cam in, almost all my FM reception besides the 50kW clearchannel stations is reduced to nothing but static. My CB radio becomes unusable too because of the insane amount of interference the thing puts off.

The cigarette lighter power goes into a barrel jack connector and I have not found a hard-wire kit with this connector. The side of the camera also has a micro-usb port and I'd assume the camera would also accept power over that if I got that type of hard-wire kit which is actually more common. Can anyone confirm or deny that for me? Thanks

I found mine on Amazon. I don't have a link to it, but it's not hard to find. It taps a fuse location and includes multiple types of fuse taps. It had everything I needed for my 2000 Dodge Ram.

Originally Posted by cwilliamsws6
The cigarette lighter power adapter that came with it puts off a TON of RFI. When I plug the dash cam in, almost all my FM reception besides the 50kW clearchannel stations is reduced to nothing but static. My CB radio becomes unusable too because of the insane amount of interference the thing puts off.
I think it has something to do with the ground, not interference. I've heard of this issue before when using 12v bluetooth adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back