Bosch fuel pump quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to replace the fuel pump on an '80s Town Car w/ 302 V8. Present fuel pump lasted less than 15,000 miles (Airtex, made in Mexico I think).

Any experience with the Bosch fuel pumps made in Czech Republic? There is one available for my application, but no hardware is included (although the picture shows it). The hardware kit consists of the connecting fuel hose, clamps, wire connecters, and the pump hanger to tank seal. No big deal if the pump is better quality.

The remaining available pumps are made in China. The Carquest pump appears to be different than the rest (but I hesitate to say better) and does include the necessary hardware.

Any recent experience with these fuel pumps for this application?

Thanks!

Use them all the time, no problems, even the Bosch China stuff that comes through every now and then. Any of the Bosch China always had an QR scan code to authenticate, which was re assuring. Doing a pump and filter on a 2009 650i today, both made by Bosch, and theyre the OE supplier on the pump that came out.

One of the best, when I do pumps on hard to do cars that need the tank dropping along with the exhaust, park brake cables and parts of the rear suspension Bosch or OE is what is going in or I am not doing the job.

I've used a Brazilian-made Bosch pump to replace an OEM pump on a Nissan Quest the parents had. It worked fine, it not quieter than the OEM Walbro(Ford-built van) it replaced. Bosch seems to replace gerotor/vane pump designs with their turbine pumps for in-tank applications.

I wouldn't hesitate with a Bosch or Denso if available if they are other choices besides Airtex and Carter. Carter seems to be the better of the two but not by much.

Last edited:
If I had to chose between Czech Rep, China, India, Brazil my vote goes to the Czech Rep they have an awesome industrial set up, they've always had it from guns to cars, tractors etc since before the WW1, they lost a bit during the communist domination, but seem to have fully recovered.

I bought a Bosch for the Trailblazer. The only thing on it indicating that it was a Bosch was for the little cheap sticker on the top. Looking at rockauto it looks like about 3 different fuel pump companies have the exact same pump, but putting their sticker on it. Not even a stamped logo anywhere.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I bought a Bosch for the Trailblazer. The only thing on it indicating that it was a Bosch was for the little cheap sticker on the top. Looking at rockauto it looks like about 3 different fuel pump companies have the exact same pump, but putting their sticker on it. Not even a stamped logo anywhere.

Sounds about right.

Used a Bosch (not sure where it was made) in my '02 Silverado when the factory unit quit around 130K miles. It is every bit as quiet as the factory pump and has been flawless for the last 65K miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back