Pride Asian Plus Coolant-thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this coolant while in my local indy parts joint. I know some of you can use the numbers to find who manufacturers it. Whats everyone think? Here is their website with spec sheet. It looks like they make a wide variety of coolants. This particular one looks like a "universal asian" concentrate coolant, if you will. Heres website and spec sheet.
https://www.prideantifreeze.com/prideasiaplusconcentrate.html

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I use their Pride 1000 precharged green in my F-450, it's been fine, I've never seen this Asian one before. The company is Coastline Chemical of VA, they've been making private label coolant for a while, I don't believe they're affiliated with anybody else, AFAIK.

I think Im gonna pull the trigger on this for my 4runner and CR-V. I cant find any negative info on them. PQIA did a test on one of their coolants in 2018 without issue. $12.99 for a gallon of concentrate appears to be a great deal for a coolant to use in those applications.

I am more of an obsessed kind of guy as where my nissan came with blue dye asian zerex, so that is what I put. I imagine it will work just well on your car.

Doesn't look like they sourced it from Prestone/KIK/Alsip Packaging or CCI/Old World Industries(Peak), it looks like their own formula.

There isn't a MTxxxx code printed on the back of the bottle like Prestone-sourced coolants, or the 3-8 character(including dashes) code on the front/rear labels as CCI-bottled products do.

It just went into my 2004 CR-V. Im sure I wont notice a bit of difference in this stuff and any other coolant. I like concentrates so much more than 50/50s. I have no idea what strength Id have if I added 50/50 after my flush with distilled water.

"Fwiw", never heard of the company or topic AF prior to this thread. Google search did provide all the company information previously mentioned in the thread. However it did/does not provide any available pricing information anywhere, which says something. Certainly not readily available, at least in these parts.

I'd add that the first Google search entry for Pride AF and current website does not list the topic AF in it's line up as shown in the link.
https://www.prideantifreeze.com/ That 'could' indicate it has been discontinued. It does however show two Asian AFs in blue(Plus) and red/pink (SLL) tint in now what is standard for Asian AF, premix.

All that said, description of topic AF 'appears' to conform to an Asian Phoat AF that comes as concentrate. So would seem a safe option for Asian application.

So far so good. It seems at least its freeze protection is as advertised. The system capacity is approx 6 qts. I put in 3 qts of concentrate and topped off with distilled. After mixing for several days, my Prestone gauge has it at approx -25F*.

Why not just buy a name brand AF and not worry if it's any good or not. BTW: Universal AF is low on inhibitors

They seem to know what they're doing, my periodic test strip tests on my 7.3 IDI have shown it's held up fine, I've just been doing yearly coolant filter replacements (with DCA-2 SCAs), probably should be changing it again soon, it's been 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back