Looking for a soft riding car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nayov
Tire pressure is at 29. The dealer did put a cheap set of Falken Ziex which really don't flex much judging how stiff they are in the showroom display. I wonder if putting a set of soft tires like Walmart's Viva 3 or Douglas would help. Those really flex when trying to push down on them (again, dismounted and from a showroom display). Maybe I can find out what they used when the car was new.

New set of tires would be much cheaper than a new car. Is it worth springing for a new set? I don't know much about those tires listed but IMO it'd be worth springing more coin for a better set--otherwise you'd spend much more on a different car. I noticed a "big" difference going from worn Mastercraft Strategies to RT43's on my current Camry, moreso than when I changed out the struts.

Maybe a piece of foam rubber to sit on, that might help, LOL.

For $10K, you should be able to find one of the older Buick LaCrosses. GM made them from 2010 or -11 until '16. My '16 is a very smooth ride despite the cart tracks this city and state call "streets" and "roads." The LeSabre and Park Avenue would also be good choices; my PA was a good example, though it came with the touring suspension and was a little stiffer (I'm told) than the base model.

A longer wheelbase helps with a smooth ride, as do smaller wheels and higher-profile tires. My '11 Regal had 18" wheels, but the tires were low-profile. Result: stiffer, sportier ride. The '16 LaCrosse has 18" as well, but the tires are higher profile.

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
The Avalon is a good choice but you are not going to get much for $10 Grand.
For $10,000, its about a 2011 Avalon with 90,000 miles, in decent shape.
Same money gets you a much newer Impala, about a 2014 Impala with 90,000 (same) miles.

Originally Posted by JLTD
+1; just drop the tire pressure on your current vehicle and see how it feels.

That's what I do.

I both do and don't want to see what a $10k Audi A7 would look like. Methinks the OP would be doing the Al Bundy workout a lot, but with all that aluminium I'm sure it will push much better then his last one. The LS's are a good suggestion, just be aware 07-09 models had some issues as well, and any air suspension rarely ages gracefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back