PG2222 vs PG2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.pgfilters.com/product-page/PG2500/2018-Ford-Taurus/Oil-Filter/

https://www.pgfilters.com/product-page/PG2222/2010-Jeep-Patriot/Oil-Filter/

So I bought a 2010 Jeep Patriot 2.0 with 123k as a beater to keep my 2018 Taurus from getting to many miles to soon. Lol I have two premium guard PG 2500 filters and a whole case of champion cos10575. Both have silicon adbv howver PG not rated for extended use. From what I can see these two filters are identical other than the PG 2500 being an inch longer. I'm sure y'all think I will be okay using a slightly larger filter. I also have 5w20 coastal synblend that should work fine for it. Any objections?

Here's the Champion. I'm using it as a longer filter on my truck. Just make sure your longer filter does not protrude where it can be damaged running over a loose piece of debris on the highway.

4F2DBED1-BADB-46C4-8B79-F297D80DC341.jpeg

Last edited:
From what I can tell it shouldn't bother anything. Filter is hanging straight down. It won't even come near the skid plate. I'm changing layet today. I'll do that post on the long time oil change thread.

Originally Posted by mpack88
So I bought a 2010 Jeep Patriot 2.0 with 123k as a beater

CVT? Change the fluid unless you KNOW it's been done.

My brother has one. He had issues with the throttle body/TPS causing odd behavior like a misfire or CVT hiccup until it was fixed.

This jeep is a 5 speed however it does do a funny jerk which only seems to do in 2nd gear. It's like the ignition cuts out and comes back. But just once in awhile. The transmission is also noisy and jumps out of 3rd and 5th. I plan on having it rebuilt soon. I'll have the tps looked at aswell.

Check the shifter cable bushings for the jumping out of gear problem. And the motor mounts/roll stops.

Originally Posted by mpack88
This jeep is a 5 speed however it does do a funny jerk which only seems to do in 2nd gear. It's like the ignition cuts out and comes back. But just once in awhile. The transmission is also noisy and jumps out of 3rd and 5th. I plan on having it rebuilt soon. I'll have the tps looked at aswell.

Does it have oil in it? Tight cables as mentioned and the proper fill might cure it, it's been known to happen.

Well it had no gear oil in the gearbox. Wow. So I topped it off and it seems to be holding all gears but I still hear a bearing grinding noise usually when accelerating. But it's more drivable. The cables seem fine do I didnt touch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back