Do you use one filter brand or many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When?

1st car through early 90s, Fram Orange can.

Early 90s until about 2008: Purolator.

Then Amsoil, with few Wix thrown in.

Will probably go with Fram Ultra once the Amsoil filters are gone. Amsoil make a great filter, but it's twice the cost of the Ultra for roughly the same filtration.

I was loyal to one brand till I started hanging out with you guys!!!!🤔🥴🤣

Mainly Purolators and their contracted filters (CQ, Mopar, etc) regardless of the issues with them my first choice is a Purolator

Although I've grown to like Mahle filters as well as Ecore (Champ) filters.

Oh, and for my ladys ford, I've grown to like the 1.12$ federal mogul champions.

OEM on my Mazda Not value line like my dealer used. Used AC Delco on my GM cars/trucks until I thought they looked cheapened. Now use Wix XP. Found a great deal on Amazon. Hope they not knockoffs

Motorcraft

Fram Ultra

Mobil 1

K&N

I've never had any issues with any of these oil filters since I've been using them.

I've used oem Toyota and motorcraft filters mostly.

I did use Fram ultras in my toyota for a while but i switched to M1 filters.

The ford still gets motorcraft because it just doesn't get driven enough.

Originally Posted by wemay
Slow day, i know.

...but like many on Bitog, i have rarely used the same oil consecutively and that goes for oil filters too.

Do you switch filter brands often or are you loyal to a particular brand?

I'm not brand loyal. I use whatever filters Chris (Subyrubieroo) sends me that will thread onto my Camry's 2AZ-FE engine
grin2.gif

I used many brands on the Mazda, but mostly Purolator (including those thinly disguised as other brands.) No media tears except in a SuperTech 3593, the very last filter I took off.

Since I acquired the used Toyota, I've installed one OEM Toyota (=Denso), a Purolator, one Fram, in that order, and just recently another Purolator. None showed any problems, or captured much of anything.

Whatever is on Sale, I've used 2 Purolator Boss filters. Each was free because of an oil combo deal.

I've tried one clearance champion filter from Rock Auto. That worked fine.

I've also bought a clearance Carquest WIX filter which i'm using now. Seems to work fine too.

I use 5K OCI with Synthetic Oil, So I never use the full potential of the filters

OEM presently as I got a good deal on a pack of 5 last year. Over the years I have used many different ones depending on what struck my fancy at the time.

Originally Posted by wemay
Slow day, i know.

...but like many on Bitog, i have rarely used the same oil consecutively and that goes for oil filters too.

Do you switch filter brands often or are you loyal to a particular brand?

I used to run the Fram orange can all the time... Then Fram Ultra around 2011... Since then it has been Mobil 1 oil filters, Purolator filters, Premium Guard oil filters and Wix... Right now I have a Wix Napa Gold 7356 on my Nissan Altima VQ right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back