Do you use one filter brand or many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Slow day, i know.

...but like many on Bitog, i have rarely used the same oil consecutively and that goes for oil filters too.

Do you switch filter brands often or are you loyal to a particular brand?

Strictly Amsoil.
And I'm unaffected by public opinion.
05.gif

Many.

Mostly OEM or Wix. But from time to time will also use Fram TG, Bosch, or Mobil 1. Have used a few others over the years, too.

OEM Hyundai from Walmart for the Elantra and Mahle for the Audi. I bought a box of crush washers, Dorman 095-147 which works with past and current vehicles I have.

Fram Ultra for 2 OCI's. Works out to $5 an oil change. Only filter I trust for 2 changes. I cut them and inspect, they are perfect every time. Too good of a filter to use once.

Mobil 01, Napa Gold/Platinum, OE filters.... One of those I use... I am scared of Fram filters as waaaaayyy back when I worked in the automotive field, I saw many failed engines with Fram filters on them. It was probably due to the people who owned the car and their poor maintenance habits and not the filter. It still scared me though.

OEM For 3/4 of the fleet.

The Dakota has gotten a mix of Mopar, AC-Delco, Fram, SuperTech, Quaker State, Advance Auto Parts, and Napa Silver over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back