Motorcycle oil frankenmix

Hi all- I have a quart of leftover 10w40 suzuki motorcycle oil. Was thinking of mixing it with some 5w30 valvoline white bottle and 10w30 oil that came with my firman generator for use with all of my small engines. (toro timemaster mower, toro snowblower, generator) Any possible issues with the motorcycle oil mixing with others? I also have some 15w40 rotella leftover to mix in there as well; usually use that in the mower with good results. What say all?

No issues....you will just make Smotal Chaos in your jug when mixed
smile.gif

Make a evil grin as you mix.....................tell the engines what they are getting as you laugh like Vincent Price !!!

Small engines of outdoor power equipment are such simple engines that they just need oil for basic lubrication. No fancy requirements due to the use of exotic metals or emissions devices like DPFs (like diesel engines now need to have to be EPA compliant) or catalytic converters. These exhaust systems that automotive engines are equipped with will require the oils to meet certain specifications so that they are not damaged. No issue with a OPE engines - just about any oil will do, just as long as its got the right viscosity to make it it's easy for you to start when cold. And sufficiently high enough viscosity to protect the moving parts when the engine has reached full operating temperature.

The advice given above will not do with a modern automotive engine, but absolutely fine for your mower or generator alike.

Back