MOPAR MO-285 FACTORY OIL FILTER CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening Bitogers
smile.gif

Friend stopped over today as I helped him haul some hay and straw square bales. Filter is off his 2019 Ram 2500 quad cab truck with 6.7 Cummins engine. Oil and filter had 5,3xx miles on them. Refilled with Rotella conventional 10w30 from Rural King and a Federated filter he brought. Looks good to me
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Good louvers and looks like a gray silicone ADBV. Good C&P Stude, thanks.

Boy that was to obvious. That's what I get for looking at the pics and not reading 🥴🥴

Originally Posted by Chris142
How was access to the filter? The slightly older ones are terrible to get to and make a huge mess if you don't have the tool to plug the filter with.

Pretty easy. I can fit my hand in thru right hand side front wheel well area. Dont even have to take right front wheel/tire off either.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Good louvers and looks like a gray silicone ADBV. Good C&P Stude, thanks.

I didnt see a ADBV honestly. Just the lil' black rubber thing in pic

Fleetguard Stratapore would be a nice fit for that truck. I've cut a few of them open after use on Cummins 6.7's in our school buses, they are practically bulletproof. Our buses are only 250HP, but they idle A LOT. Average fuel mileage of less than 4 MPG so we do shorter OCI's.

There is no ADBV on Cummins Filters typically. They mount flange up, so they stay full.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Is this a Champ Labs filter?

Looks more like a possible Purolator filter. Just my opinion
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Bighorn2500
Looks like the standard cellulose Fleetguard filter.
I'm thinking you are correct. Equivalent Fleetguard LF3972, in addition to very similar construction also has same coo.

Looks good to me. Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Thanks for the C&P.
Did the ADBV have cuts/slices in it? The inlet holes in the base plate look to have some very sharp edges.

No cuts or tears that I saw
smile.gif

You are welcome sir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back