Should I run an AC Delco Ultraguard gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Sayjac
These are the older ACD Ultraguard Gold and they use synthetic media. They are better than the current UPF Gold filters and with any kind of decent storage environment they should be fine. Run em.

As I read the date code, made January of 03. Excellent filters. Only odd thing about them, they use/d nitrile adbv. But no biggie.

Don't know if this is when you purchased them but a google search of topic shows your 03 post about UPF filters.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/314438/AC_Delco_Ultraguard_Gold_UPF-5

I installed one. I could have sworn that I bought the case of these while in college, which was before 2003, though not by much.

I may cut one open for the forum, but I think I'll probably just run them and cut them when I remove them.

I had a Fram Ultra in there last. It almost wouldn't come off. Using removal tools effectively crushed the can it took so much force. I don't recall ever having that much trouble.

Originally Posted by Bettez88
Interesting that the ADBV is nitrile, and the gasket is silicone. Probably doesn't make one bit of difference though.

Once in service, at temperature, I can imagine it makes a difference, but sitting in a box in a cool basement, likely not...

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Circa 2000?

I drive my truck around 1000mi/yr, maybe less. Did last oil change around 2000 miles back in 2016 or 17. Going to do one today.

Have a bunch of filters, but still have a stash of these from long ago. Thoughts?

Going to use GTX Magnatec since the truck sits so much.

What's with the one large inlet hole over the rest I wonder?

…..What's with the one large inlet hole over the rest I wonder?
That's a unique Champ Labs baseplate characteristic found on 'some' of their filter applications. I once dissected an AZ STP S2808 then made by Champ and it had one larger inlet hole. I know of no functional purpose, just something they do. Also many have a stamped letter(s) on the plate. Topic looks like TT, I've also seen Y and W iirc.

Hmm!
Views weren't mixed that way I thought they'd be.
smile.gif

I got a case of Purolator filters made in 2001, and I cut one open and it look just fine inside so I'm using them on all my Chrysler vehicles until the case is depleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back