Walmart Auto Center Oil Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason companies continue to get away with worse and employees become complacent is because they aren't called out for the "little" mistakes. If there was an issue with PP availability, go and discuss other options with the customer. Never make unilateral decisions with someone else's money. If the Tech just made a mistake, let them know about it. Not that it's the end of humanity, but let them know you are aware and this may influence where your next OC is done. Their decision at that point will make yours easier next time.

Good call on 'EB', some inside info coming into play there?

I'd probably be a little ticked that I didn't get what I signed up for. That said, 'if' Castrol Synthetic was used probably makes no difference. I'd also want to know exactly which Castrol syn was used, perhaps see source box.

You should say something to the TLE manager regarding your questions and concerns. Otherwise, nothing will change. They might even give you some kind of credit, though I wouldn't bet on it.

Let's be honest, only the guy who changed your oil really knows what's in it.

He could've put conventional QS in it, and charged you for synthetic, for all you know.

You're just going to have to trust people are doing the right thing.

Originally Posted By: ATex7239
Let's be honest, only the guy who changed your oil really knows what's in it.

He could've put conventional QS in it, and charged you for Pennzoil synthetic, for all you know.

You're just going to have to trust people are doing the right thing.

It’s hard to tell with quart containers being less and less the norm ~ I’m DIY, but a couple years ago was doing cancer treatments out of town when OCM said now … watched the guy at Firestone taking PP from 6 gallon containers …
Had to trust they would not refill those ~ and assumed corporate would not risk it …
Besides … for what they charged it should of been Redline with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
My grip with Wal-mart oil changes, (to cold to do myself)
is they refused to install an oversize filter. Only the size
spec'd by the MFG.

My 2¢

You just need to change your OCI like me one in Sept/Oct and one in April/May. Then its not to cold and it isn't to warm.

Thanks gents...however, for those thinking "Edge Black Bottle", I looked at the other receipts I have over the past year (of different brands and different blends) and they are ALL marked with "EB" in the middle of the description.

The first change I got there last spring (the cheapie $19.88 deal) is:

QUST CON EB 5W20 (Quaker State Conventional)

The next one at the end of May (which was in fact a mistake on their part) was :

CAS HM EB 5W20 (Castrol High Mileage)

The next one, two days later (and which was free, because at 42,000 miles I don't believe I was ready for a "High Mileage" blend) :

CAS CON BU 5W20 (Castrol dino BULK?)...

So still I wonder what "EB" means......"EMPTIED Bottle" maybe!?!
crazy.gif

And yes, it is a matter of principle, and getting (KNOWING that we in FACT, GOT!) what we paid for.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GreasyG
The next one two days later (and which was free, because at 42,000 miles I don't believe I was ready for a "High Mileage" blend)

Sounds like a waste of perfectly good oil and splitting hairs.

Ohhhhh...my bad...after re-reading the replies here (and thanks for those ... to a couple/3 or 4 of you anyway), I realized that "Eco-Box" was NOT a reference (slight) at me, rather, my car, and most certainly IS a literal description of the "boxes" (obviously containing plastic pouches) that they pump oil from there.

Eco, as in either Ecological or Economical, or both.

Last edited:
Like others have said EB means "ecobox". Here's what ecoboxes are. Most oil change places use them.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
My grip with Wal-mart oil changes, (to cold to do myself)
is they refused to install an oversize filter. Only the size
spec'd by the MFG.

My 2¢

That is not just a Walmart issue, most other places are the same for liability reasons.

If the price you paid was $44.95, I'd say you still got a good deal. However, I would want to know why they switched it.... or if was even written up correctly.

Originally Posted by The Critic
EB= Ecobox

Would it be better to buy the oil in the walmart store, then giving it to them?

I also heard now they are sucking out the oil vs draining it out.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Check your drain plug! It very well could be loose or cross threaded.

Or replaced with a new cheap one made in China. This happened to me they took an hour and a half to get my oil changed. When I got back home from my trip I discovered what they had done. Last time ever for a WM oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back