Grumpy Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a pic from a few years ago and had a good laugh, figured I'd share.

I took our Daughter to a fair on the town common where she, prophetically as it turned out, bought a grumpy emoji pillow. We got coffee and pastry for the extended family and were driving home on a back road when an obscure emissions fitting departed the car and we slowly lost power and sputtered to a halt. I took this picture while we were waiting for the tow.

On the upside, the first cars that went by stopped and offered help. So many did that we started counting the number of cars passing vs. those who stopped. Of the ~30 cars that passed the intersection over 1.5 hours or so, at least 20 stopped. One dad and his son in an older Wrangler, after we said we were OK, even came back with water, and an older couple in a 60's Chrysler pulled over and chatted for 10 minutes or so. Also, got to spend the time sitting by a pond on a nice day talking over a donut. The experience was well worth the carb rebuild.
[Linked Image]

Well there's a few of them left down on Rt 3a and then 6a down on the Cape on those beautiful Cape days. Did your MG have a smoke leak in the electrical system?
grin2.gif

The rubber B's are one of the better British drivers, once a few issues are dealt with; reasonable $, solid, fun, easy to maintain, not worth so much that you worry and those rubber bumpers are great for actually using the car in parking lots, etc. Are the bumpers faded? Steel wool, acetone, trim paint and a few hours outside and they are good as new. Get a nick in them? JB Plastic weld, sanding block and repeat the prior sentence. Only real problems are some of the original emissions systems, and those are easily addressed.

This car fell into my lap and was a lot of fun, until I sold it to someone getting into the hobby.

This one never leaked smoke...now my Midget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back