Detailed - Subaru Engine - No Water - Polish Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Polish Angel and the new Blaster Sidekick. Polish Angel leaves an awesome finish behind. Comparable to 303. I used no water. Love the Blaster Sidekick. Much better than a leaf blower. The air is confined and comes out stronger.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great tips. It is a 2019, and nice to keep it clean as you go, but there wasn't much there to start with. Any brushing or wiping?
Would that work on older crusted engines? I could see doing multiple passes on 2+ year engines.

Originally Posted by paoester
Great tips. It is a 2019, and nice to keep it clean as you go, but there wasn't much there to start with. Any brushing or wiping?
Would that work on older crusted engines? I could see doing multiple passes on 2+ year engines.

I should have taken a before shot. True, its only 3 months old but I like to keep up with it. It was pretty dirty though. With all the fall leaves and rain it was dirty.

This was a very quick job and I didn't follow my normal procedure. I applied Polish Angel Engine liberally all over the engine bay and wiped it down with a microfiber towel. I then used the Sidekick to dry.

*PA Engine leaves a beautiful matte finish. The guys at Esoteric love it, but they're using it on high end cars not Frontiers and Subarus. It's $14 for a small 200ml bottle, however a little goes a long way. One bottle could last you 2 years, easily.

[Linked Image]

Some stupid questions:
1. Use the Blaster before the Polish Angel Engine Detailer spray? To get out some debris first you know.
2. Wouldn't a warm or hot engine evaporate the light oils in the spray?

That blaster thingiee looks exactly the same as the ones we use in the computer field as dusters. I used one on my car recently.

Nice job BTW

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by paoester
Some stupid questions:
1. Use the Blaster before the Polish Angel Engine Detailer spray? To get out some debris first you know.
2. Wouldn't a warm or hot engine evaporate the light oils in the spray?

Not stupid at all.

I hit the engine first with the Blaster. It removes a good amount of loose debris. You can use PA Engine two ways - 1. hit the entire engine with it and let it dwell for a few minutes, then wipe down. 2. Spray areas and towel and clean as you go. For a real dirty engine you'd need brushes. PA Engine contains shampoos and oils that clean and restore plastic trim.

The easiest and fastest way is the way most of us have always done - 1. Spray an APC over the engine, hose it down carefully and dry with a leaf blower. Then apply dressing of choice.

As I mentioned earlier, PA engine is designed for those that don't want to use any water at all. However, you can still use it after you use water as a touch up. The 200ml is $14.95. I'm not sure it's worth it when 303 is readily available and also leaves a fantastic finish. PA Engine cleans and protects. Different design and purpose in mind.

I give the edge to 303 and Hyper-Dressing though as they leave an awesome finish and are a spray and walk away product.

PA Engine

PA Engine 2

Originally Posted by BeerCan
That blaster thingiee looks exactly the same as the ones we use in the computer field as dusters. I used one on my car recently.

Nice job BTW

[Linked Image]

Thanks. It does look similar.
smile.gif

Oh you confused me with title.
I dated Polish Angel from Katowice in the 80's, but turned out she liked girls ...

She looked like this, barely.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by whizbyu
What is the wattage of that blower?

Construction:
Sturdy All Steel
Motor:
1.3 Peak HP
Amps:
8 Amps
Watts:
960 Watts
Airflow: CFM/FPM
18,000 ft./min.
Cord:
12", 3-Conductor
Dimensions/Weight:
4.25"x7.5"x9.75" / 3 lbs
Accessories:
Heavy Duty Neoprene Blower Blower and Air Flare Nozzles

Both blowers shown are MetroVac products.
I used these at work everyday and resold new ones with hospital sanitation equipment. Truly a great blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back