Are Walmart Supertech oil filters ok to use? What about Fram PH series filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Walmart Supertech oil filters ok to use? What about Fram PH series filters? Just curious. The Fram are like $3.xx and the Supertech are $2.8x. Are they alright to use?

I've had one of the ST filter on my Corolla for nearly 500 miles. More feedback on my next C&P in April.
I also have a PH9100 on my Duramax probably won't get that off for a year.

Originally Posted by whatplsty
The Fram are like $3.xx and the Supertech are $2.8x. Are they alright to use?

What are you putting them in? If you can get factory Honda, Toyota, AC Delco, Motorcraft, etc. filters for $4-$5, I wouldn't bother.

Originally Posted by whatplsty
Are Walmart Supertech oil filters ok to use? What about Fram PH series filters? Just curious. The Fram are like $3.xx and the Supertech are $2.8x. Are they alright to use?

I wouldn't use the blue STechs. Cheap materials inside. Go with the Fram and make sure you get the improved ones which it states on the box.
Take a look in the box and make sure some W.M. low life didn't return his old dirty one in that box.

Any oil filter you might buy at the store will work fine. It just boils down to what you want to spend your money on. In the world away from this forum, people and garage's are using many types and brands of filters, and the majority of folks could care less about what is being used. Buy what you like and rest easy.

Originally Posted by Bud
Any oil filter you might buy at the store will work fine. It just boils down to what you want to spend your money on. In the world away from this forum, people and garage's are using many types and brands of filters, and the majority of folks could care less about what is being used. Buy what you like and rest easy.

"Like"

Supertech filter are fine. Use without worry. Ran one over 12k on my wifes Corvette once. Cut it open and held up well.

Pretty much any filter should work for the most part.

This could change a bit bit based on the engine though....

Run the Fram PH oil filter, for the extra cents, you get a metal center tube and a silicone anti drain back valve. Plus Fram produces many OEM oil filters out there.

I've run ST filters for about 250,000 miles on two different trucks. (at 5-7k change intervals) Both trucks had pretty bad body rust when I sold them, but never ever had any problems with the engine. As a matter of fact, my brother in law is still driving one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back