New label on Castrol edge at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I'm confused here.. what proof is there that the HM Edge and Edge have become one product? Just because a company modified a label? They've changed labels before because that's marketing, not that they changed the product inside..

Originally Posted by researcher
ok I'm confused here.. what proof is there that the HM Edge and Edge have become one product? Just because a company modified a label? They've changed labels before because that's marketing, not that they changed the product inside..

I dont know if they merged them into one product or just discontinued the Edge HM. The Castrol site for North America no longer lists Edge HM (at least, Edge HM is not listed for 0w20 and 5w30).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RyanY

I dont know if they merged them into one product or just discontinued the Edge HM. The Castrol site for North America no longer lists Edge HM (at least, Edge HM is not listed for 0w20 and 5w30).

thanks Ryan for updating me! I didn't even think to check Castrol's site.. ahh, so that's why people are guessing what happened to HM Edge, got it..
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by RyanY

thanks Ryan for updating me! I didn't even think to check Castrol's site.. ahh, so that's why people are guessing what happened to HM Edge, got it..
thumbsup2.gif

I just noticed that if you specifically search for edge HM from Google you can still get to the Edge HM page. But if you start at the Castrol home page the Edge HM is not an option. Not sure what is going on!

This is interesting. I wonder if High Mileage users would trust enough to try it.

What store did you see this in?

Originally Posted by mazdamonky
Walked into Walmart yesterday and saw some new bottles of Castrol edge with a different label on the front. They claim for low and higher mileage engines. Is Castrol trying to Consolidate the Edge HM and Edge meaning all of their oils are now the Edge HM equivalent?

It seems like Valvoline has been pushing for this too.

Originally Posted by mazdamonky
Walked into Walmart yesterday and saw some new bottles of Castrol edge with a different label on the front. They claim for low and higher mileage engines. Is Castrol trying to Consolidate the Edge HM and Edge meaning all of their oils are now the Edge HM equivalent?

It seems like Valvoline has been pushing for this too.

Originally Posted by UTSkier
This is interesting. I wonder if High Mileage users would trust enough to try it.

What store did you see this in?

Why would we trust it any less than another blender?

He mentioned Walmart.

Originally Posted by paoester
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Maybe they looked at what Pennzoil is doing and seen how ridiculous it is and decided to do the opposite. Less chin scratching for sure.
So true. Marketing is a battle for shelf space. Pennzoil has multiple labels on non-Platinum, non-Ultra, full syn varieties that Walmart & the autoparts stores may cry foul about because they only have so much shelf area.

Having more different SKUs allows you to occupy more shelf space at a Walmart and other stores, which is very important for a manufacturer - it gives their brand more visibility. However, if the product doesn't sell, Walmart will can it.

Right. I am wondering which Walmart store. Might be a short-term test and gone. Curious to see if it's still selling since it's not showing up in most stores.

I just bought a 5 quart jug a few days ago from WalMart and it was still the "old" SN+ label. Didn't see any HM or Magnatec though at all.

Last edited:
Shop Walmart's oil aisle when the semi-trailer has already departed and the stock clerks have reloaded all the shelves. Find out what day of the week that takes place and shop there the very next day.

Every Walmart stocks their shelves on varying, different days of the week. My closest store is on Tuesday. Next further store reloads on Wednesday. All of these stores carry very little backstock. Only the few most popular names and weights are kept in backstock. So once the Magnatec disappears, it's gone until that semi-trailer arrives again the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back