Motorcraft FL-910S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! I have a 2015 Fusion Titanium with the 2.0L Turbo engine. I'm going to switch to 10k OCI's (with Valvoline Full Synthetic 5w-30) and am wondering if the Motorcraft FL-910s is safe for that distance. As always, all advice is appreciated

Yes, it's fine for 10k. Ford calls for 10k oil changes and that's the spec'd Motorcraft filter.

I've got a 2016 Fusion with the 2.0 the fl-910s should be fine for up to 10,000 miles. I think any filter would be fine for that mileage, many claim 10,000 miles including Supertech and Fram $3 filters. I change my ecoboost oil around 4,000-5,000 just because the black oil bothers me. These engines seem hard on oil.

Originally Posted by Corollaman
I've got a 2016 Fusion with the 2.0 the fl-910s should be fine for up to 10,000 miles. I think any filter would be fine for that mileage, many claim 10,000 miles including Supertech and Fram $3 filters. I change my ecoboost oil around 4,000-5,000 just because the black oil bothers me. These engines seem hard on oil.

I was doing the same until the dealer raised the price of an oil change to $50, and that's with Motorcraft semisynthetic. The Tire Discounters near my house will do it with Valvoline Full Synthetic for $64.

Originally Posted by PW01

I was doing the same until the dealer raised the price of an oil change to $50, and that's with Motorcraft semisynthetic. The Tire Discounters near my house will do it with Valvoline Full Synthetic for $64.

The Motorcraft is still a better value with factory recommended OCI's. Valvoline synthetic does not perform 22% better than Motorcraft.

Get yourself a DIY kit at Walmart with Motorcraft semisynthetic oil for $19 or QSUD $17.97 full synthetic and change and a Fram Tough Guard for just under $7.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251

The Motorcraft is still a better value with factory recommended OCI's. Valvoline synthetic does not perform 22% better than Motorcraft.

It would if the Valvoline full synthetic was run out to 10K. I'd never run the Motorcraft semi-synthetic more than 5K, seen too many UOAs showing it shears too much for my liking. $50 for 5K miles or $64 for 10K miles, or even 7500 miles would still be ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back