who made this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
a friends truck all fluctulating oil presure with it

oilfilter1.JPG

oilfilter1a.JPG

Originally Posted by Bettez88
The only yellow filters I know of are Pennzoil and CAT...but that looks Chinese made. GM application?

Yup, made in China and fits 2016 and up Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade vehicles.

Pennzoil filters are Purolator made btw

Last edited:
Where did this come from? A quicky lube joint or something your friend just found from a dollar store, or auto parts store? I am currently working on a turn-to-sell, and it has a yellow filter on it like this, however I cannot see anything more than the bottom of the filter without taking it off. Its last oil change came from a Firestone.

VO-31 is a Valvoline oil filter part number and crosses correctly to that Fram number. Maybe from a Valvoline Instant Oil Change?

Originally Posted by 69Torino
VO-31 is a Valvoline oil filter part number and crosses correctly to that Fram number. Maybe from a Valvoline Instant Oil Change?

That's my guess.

That's a oil filter from a Monro Muffler Brake. They use valvoline part numbers for most of their oil filters.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by skippermatt
That's a oil filter from a Monro Muffler Brake. They use valvoline part numbers for most of their oil filters.

Yes, but it's not Valvoline made, that looks a lot like a (bad) Chinese knockoff to me. Another reason to avoid Monro!

correct, not Valvoline made but they have a "agreement" with Valvoline to use their part numbers and advertise them as their own. they are somewhat decent filters, boss uses them on his 600 hp 454 chevelle with no issues.

Topic filter does "appear" to be a China made jobber filter that happens to use the Valvoline numbering system. A Valvoline "labeled" oil filter was recently posted here and the construction is different than topic.

Skipper posted that these are filters used by Monro Muffler. Perhaps Munro has separately contracted with another filter manufacturer but maintained the Valvoline numbering system. The Valvoline OF anecdotes I've seen posted here, no matter the manufacturer, had/have the Valvoline name on the filter.

As for the filter causing the oil pressure fluctuation, I suppose if when this one removed and everything else the same and it stopped, filter a suspect. Just looking at pics though, I don't see anything that stands out.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by skippermatt

Yes, but it's not Valvoline made, that looks a lot like a (bad) Chinese knockoff to me. Another reason to avoid Monro!

The times I use monroe Muffler, Brake; I supply them my oil and filter. works out to $13~ out the door
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back