Exxon / Mobil Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by GMguy84
Love the many fuel options here in DFW area,

I use gasbuddy all the time to compare prices.

I typically buy my top tier gas at Costco, QT, Shell, and Valero/Circle K, and whatever is sold at the Brookshire's on Hwy 174 in Joshua.

Whether the signage says "Exxon" or "Mobil" (I deliver to both), the account I pull off of is "ExxonMobil". The same product for either branded store.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I've seen a few Mobil stations popping up here and there. Next thing you know Chevron will be bringing back the Texaco brand too.

Texaco is alive and well in the south !

Originally Posted by GoldDot40
Whether the signage says "Exxon" or "Mobil" (I deliver to both), the account I pull off of is "ExxonMobil". The same product for either branded store.

A new Exxon opened where I live so I bought a tank of gas
I noticed as I was pumping that the smell was some what stronger than the Shell I normally buy.

I pump a gallon the stop and sniff. If I smell "wet alcohol' I stop and go somewhere else these days.

Too many tanks of swampwater messing up my engines!

Several Exxon/Circle Ks over here in the Southeastern part of Washington, with a few Mobils here and there. Generally, the same or lower of a price than other top name fuels. Get an Exxon/Mobil fuel card, and it might drop the price anywhere from 3-5 cents per gallon.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I pump a gallon the stop and sniff. If I smell "wet alcohol' I stop and go somewhere else these days.

Please tell us what "wet alcohol" smells like

Used to be a Mobil and or Exxon on just about every block in my neck of the woods. Now most are just Mobils. Texaco are long gone from this area.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Please tell us what "wet alcohol" smells like
+1

Our newest 7-Eleven store has Mobil signage and Mobil-branded pumps emblazoned with the Synergy logo -- it's one of the very few Mobil stations in a region peppered with Exxons. In other words, EOM with more emphasis on the "M". This particular station does a lot of volume due to its location and is competitively priced -- more in common with Wawa and Sheetz than with the other name brands in the area.

Speaking of brands rarely seen in our area, Gulf is making a comeback of sorts with a few locations popping up here and there. Now, if Chevron would only find its way back...

Originally Posted by Hoot_r
Our newest 7-Eleven store has Mobil signage and Mobil-branded pumps emblazoned with the Synergy logo -- it's one of the very few Mobil stations in a region peppered with Exxons. In other words, EOM with more emphasis on the "M". This particular station does a lot of volume due to its location and is competitively priced -- more in common with Wawa and Sheetz than with the other name brands in the area.

Speaking of brands rarely seen in our area, Gulf is making a comeback of sorts with a few locations popping up here and there. Now, if Chevron would only find its way back...

We're getting a few Gulf as well and also 76 stations again

Be nice to see Gulf stations come back.

There is a Exxon in Williamsburg that is exactly has you describe... Super busy on Rte 60 Richmond Rd.

Then there's a 7-11 east of Richmond that sells Shell gasoline...

7-11 went to whoever their regional managers and or store managers wanted for their gas after the split from Citgo.

Last edited:
Gulf stations are plenty full in the Boston area. Always have been. According to my father there used to be a Gulf refinery north of Boston in a city called Beverly. That was many many years ago, long before my time.

A lot of brands have left NoVa -- Sinclair, Union 76, Hess, Chevron, Atlantic/ARCO, PayLess -- it's been quite the exodus over the last 20 years or so. Picking up the slack are Exxon/Mobil, BP, Shell, Sheetz, Wawa, club stores like Costco, Sam's Club, BJ's, and the occasional indie Racetrac station.

I haven't seen a Mobil station here in years. A local convenience store did sprout a Mobil sign last year or the year before, and since I had an ExxonMobil card I wondered if they would take it and honor EM's .06/gallon rebate on my card. Before I got a chance to check, the Mobil sign vanished.

The last actually-branded-Mobil location I saw was a small old-type service station in Bryan, TX, in the fall of 2005. No idea if it's still there.

The same as Chevron and Texaco.
But there are more Exxon and Chevron than Mobil and Texaco. weird

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back