QSUD vs Valvoline full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valvoline Advanced Synthetic and QSUD are both D1 / Gen 2 rated oils , so similar in their specifications to protect turbo and DI engines . Valvoline includes a shot of titanium in their formula while the QSUD is reported to have very low friction for better wear protection . You will save several dollars per 5 qrt. jug if you buy QSUD at WM so with 5K mile OCI's you will save $14 - $21 per year using QSUD . Lastly , both oils turn in fine UOA's with the advantage I believe going to Valvoline Advanced if you extend OCI's out to 7.5K mile OCI's .

*While true - there are two different formulations of moly : The double digit type is a higher quality moly found in PP , PUP and other higher quality synthetic oils . The triple digit moly is found in the lower cost value oils (such as QSUD) . Others with more moly knowledge can chime in ...
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
QSUD because of the triple digit ppm of moly.

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
*While true - there are two different formulations of moly : The double digit type is a higher quality moly found in PP , PUP and other higher quality synthetic oils . The triple digit moly is found in the lower cost value oils (such as QSUD) . Others with more moly knowledge can chime in ...
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
QSUD because of the triple digit ppm of moly.

What about Redline? I think their oils have in excess of 500ppm of moly. I wonder what kind they use?

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Valvoline is for the wife, QSUD is for the Girlfriend.

So,...............which one do you like more?

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Valvoline is for the wife, QSUD is for the Girlfriend.

So,...............which one do you like more?

The girlfriend or she wouldn't be in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back