Update Site to VerticalScope Inc board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has their been any consideration to update the board software to like VerticalScope Inc version?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Imp4
Would it preserve old posts? There would be an insurrection if it didn't.

I'm sure that all forum software packages have the ability to "convert" the old system to a new, different one. That's almost a 100% requirement in forum software.

Yes, we have considered changing software and the benefits don't outweigh the risks. The task is not trivial.

Originally Posted by CB900F2
Has their been any consideration to update the board software to like VerticalScope Inc version?

If I'm not mistaken, VerticalScope is a company that buys websites (typically forum-based websites) and uses their own software (vBulletin-based, as I recall). I don't know that a forum can buy or license their software.

Originally Posted by wwillson
Yes, we have considered changing software and the benefits don't outweigh the risks. The task is not trivial.

Thank you! The current software follows the KISS principle which is really unappreciated nowadays.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

If I'm not mistaken, VerticalScope is a company that buys websites (typically forum-based websites) and uses their own software (vBulletin-based, as I recall). I don't know that a forum can buy or license their software.

Correct - Vertical scope typically uses v bulletin.

Bitog has its issues but vertical scope companies are a drag, terrible to sort through, terrible to do business with.

UD

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Originally Posted by wwillson

Thank you! The current software follows the KISS principle which is really unappreciated nowadays.

Other forum software can have tons of cool features with lots of bugs and troubles that make it hard and expensive to maintain, but I don't know of any other forum software that looks as elegantly clean as UBB (of course this is my subjective opinion).

Thanks

What WWillson said was right.

But since you seem to want this so bad I vote you pay for it.

Originally Posted by UncleDave
Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Correct - Vertical scope typically uses v bulletin.

Bitog has its issues but vertical scope companies are a drag, terrible to sort through, terrible to do business with.

UD

Other site I frequent changed to VerticalScope Inc. Not a good response from folks and site actually got worse IMHO. Lots of members moved. I agree with UD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back