LED - Lighted Side Mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way home from work I passed a Truck that had LED - Lighted Side Mirrors and the lights were on the mirrored side. Sounds like a dumb idea to me, I can't stand the glare from approaching cars as it is. I think it may have been a Ford truck. Anyone see them?

My 300 has some. They shine at the front door handles and shut off when you start the car. Almost sounds like they added some aftermarket stuff that probably isn't legal.

[Linked Image from tfltruck.com]

Like the mirror on the right? The two LEDs at the edge of the mirror?

Those are tied into the cargo lamp system. That particular mirror is on a 2020 GMC Sierra HD, but I'd imagine other manufacturers do similar. For the Sierra, there are a couple cargo lamps: one in the chmsl that illuminates the bed, one in each outside rearview mirror that illuminate the area along the side of the truck, and one on the tailgate that illuminates the hitch area.

They only work in park, reverse, and neutral, so you can't drive down the road blinding other drivers.

I saw a GMC or Chevrolet pickup i think it was a 2500 series with very nice LED orange on the front side of the mirrors.. looked very cool.

Manufacturers love adding expensive things into crash parts. Mirrors with cameras, lights, radar. Bumpers with cameras, radar, proximity sensors. LED head/taillights with non interchange bulbs. Imagine what that mirror costs if someone smashes it driving by.

Originally Posted by Audios
Manufacturers love adding expensive things into crash parts. Mirrors with cameras, lights, radar. Bumpers with cameras, radar, proximity sensors. LED head/taillights with non interchange bulbs. Imagine what that mirror costs if someone smashes it driving by.
Exactly, why would you need the side of the truck lit up while loading cargo?

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer
[Linked Image from tfltruck.com]

Like the mirror on the right? The two LEDs at the edge of the mirror

Yep....like that. Not sure of the manufacture but he was driving down the expressway with them on.

Originally Posted by Audios

Yeah … because we got an LT … we have driver lane stuff and front sonar … but not the blind spot warning lights and turn signals. Priced what it would take to upgrade … and decided to wait

My dads 2017 F150 has these led lights on the mirror next to the turn signal that you can turn on with a switch on the dash. Not sure what the [censored] they are there for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back