Opinions on the Nissan Frontier Pro4x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Nissan never moved this body style over to the US? This is the Navara. Same truck other than interior is much nicer.

Bought daughter a Sentra and father owns a Titan..... Both HORRIBLE!

I will never purchase a Nissan. No wonder they are on the verge of going under.

Nothing wrong with them mechanically if the size, interior, and price all work for you.

However the F250 Tremor package is coming out and id do that well before hoping to do big mods to a frontier.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Looking round the market, it seems if I want a off road capable/roof camping truck I'm looking at 40k+

That is some coin to drop, then mod it with a rooftop camper/racks/guards/lift/tires and lights!! I'll be over 60k

Then I see the Frontier. I'm attracted to it because:

1. It's basic design has not changed in...over ten years. Simple, some say outdated, but it does what a 4wd needs.
2. It's cheap, 33k msrp, heard of them leaving the lot at 27k..
3. electronic locking rear axle.
4. decent size bed,(king cab)

custom roof rack and suspension built on 37's.

You should be able to find a left over 2019 F-150 4x4 with the STX sport appearance pkg, Ecoboost V6, Eaton electronic locking 3.55 rear diff, in a 6.5' bed extended cab for less than the $32,364 (+ TTL) I paid for mine in June, given that it's close-out time on 2019's now. Depends on factory incentives though.

Edit: Well, not much less. Will silver work? https://www.boonvilleford.com/new/Ford/2019-Ford-F-150-856de1970a0e0ae72b213ab94f6d0c84.htm

Last edited:
I love mine. I agree with the comments about fuel economy and turning radius but neither bothered me enough to choose something else. The 4.0 has nice low and mid range power. I can't think of any common problems that effect the newer ones. I just turned over 40,000 miles on my 2016 and have had no mechanical problems and no annoying squeaks and rattles. It's not the most up to date (actually probably the least) but they seem to be solid reliable rigs.

Everything is easy in terms of DIY fluid changes on the Frontiers which is nice. Right down to an actual dipstick for the transmission and a drain plug on the transmission pan.

Comparing one to my 2017 Ram 1500 4x4 w/ pentastar, everything is easy on that, but the 8spd AT isn't quite as simple to maintain. Not horrible, but not Frontier 5AT simple.

Originally Posted by JTK
Everything is easy in terms of DIY fluid changes on the Frontiers which is nice. Right down to an actual dipstick for the transmission and a drain plug on the transmission pan.

Comparing one to my 2017 Ram 1500 4x4 w/ pentastar, everything is easy on that, but the 8spd AT isn't quite as simple to maintain. Not horrible, but not Frontier 5AT simple.

Dipsticks and drain plugs are overrated! /s
With a GM 8/10 speed you get the pleasure of getting the truck perfectly level, at a very exact temperature (requiring scan tool) then you pull a bolt out to see if fluid comes out. If it doesn't you need another special tool to shove fluid up there. Also the fluid is expensive. No draining without taking out 99 pan bolts to drop the whole pan and make a big mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back