Supertech oil filter oil type

Status
Not open for further replies.
which oil types supertech filters are compatible with? I get conventional is fine but will they work with synthetics? Also, since supertech doesn't make the 7317 size anymore, will the 9688 size work? I'd rather not us the 6607

FEA7F580-6976-43FC-BA38-46B554569F68.jpeg

BB2253F1-0E9A-4E4B-8638-835A1AF01CAA.jpeg

9688 is fatter than the 7317/6607. 6607 is the official downsized 7317. If you want a 7317 pay the extra .80 cents and get the Fram.

Originally Posted by Bettez88
which oil types supertech filters are compatible with? I get conventional is fine but will they work with synthetics?

Whatever you do, don't run synthetic oil with that filter! It'll dissolve the media and you'll get chunks of filter paper stuck in the oil pickup and all the oil passages. You'll need a new engine after that. Not a reman, but a brand new one. Don't take that chance.

I read it on the Internet so it must be true!

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
which oil types supertech filters are compatible with? I get conventional is fine but will they work with synthetics?

Whatever you do, don't run synthetic oil with that filter! It'll dissolve the media and you'll get chunks of filter paper stuck in the oil pickup and all the oil passages. You'll need a new engine after that. Not a reman, but a brand new one. Don't take that chance.

......‚

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder

......‚

That is a new one?

You can use any on the shelf filter with any on the shelf oil.

You can run the most expensive synthetic with a supertech if you want.

You can run the cheapest conventional with a fram ultra if you want.

It's your $.

Edit: I'm talking motor oil, not oils of the olive, canola, or peanut variety.

Last edited:
3593 is a fatter 7317.

If its for that Honda Fit in your signature... I would just pony up for the FRAM tough guard 7317 if you want to change it at 10K.. if you want to change every 20K go with the Fram XG7317.

Had a Honda Fit.. 2012 and the XG did 20K with ease.

Any kind of oil is OK. Champ Labs filters like the ST are a good conservative and practical choice IMO. USA made, returnable, available on demand, and does the intended task.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Any kind of oil is OK. Champ Labs filters like the ST are a good conservative and practical choice IMO. USA made, returnable, available on demand, and does the intended task.

St10358 a better choice than say the fram ch10358? Just running 5k oci on my corolla. Usually use the Oem Toyota filter

St10358 a better choice than say the fram ch10358? Just running 5k oci on my corolla. Usually use the Oem Toyota filter

Either one since easy return etc applies to Fram at Walmart too. Personally I avoid made in PRC on filters where there are still other choices to do that. Not an expert like the others. My views of best oil filter are not tied entirely to the multi pass efficiency test result.

Either one since easy return etc applies to Fram at Walmart too. Personally I avoid made in PRC on filters where there are still other choices to do that. Not an expert like the others. My views of best oil filter are not tied entirely to the multi pass efficiency test result.

Are Supertechs made in china now? They were Champ

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

Are Supertechs made in china now? They were Champ

The last one I bought a few months ago was still made in the US. As far as I know, nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back