Steelers/Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dippschtick
He should be in jail. Assault with a weapon.

The NFL should press those assault charges. He's been kicked out.

Originally Posted by 4WD
That late tackle was the first assault

Exactly right. Garret should be thrown out of NFL along with Burfict

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by 4WD

Are yall sure it was a late hit?

[Linked Image]

Rudolph is not innocent. He tried to take Garrett's helmet off after the tackle and then kicked Garrett in the boys, Garrett then retaliated and pull off Rudolph's helmet and then whacked him with it.

Garrett obviously crossed a line with the helmet assault.
Rudolph should also be suspended for throwing weak punches, attempting to pull a helmet off and kicking Garrett in the boys.

Originally Posted by czbrian
Originally Posted by 4WD

[Linked Image]

Ya, the brown player rode and pulled the QB down the the ground. It's wasn't a knock to the ground, but a grab, twist, use my weight to eventually take you down over a period of 5 seconds.

Not that it makes it right, but Rudolph helped this along by wedging both hands into Garrett's facemask first, giving him a nice eye rake, and attempting to pull his helmet off (before Garrett snapped and pretty much lost his mind). Typical Steeler unpunished cheap shot!
27.gif

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by czbrian
Originally Posted by 4WD

Ya, the brown player rode and pulled the QB down the the ground. It's wasn't a knock to the ground, but a grab, twist, use my weight to eventually take you down over a period of 5 seconds.

That's not the definition of late hit in the rule book though and I don't think the refs through a flag for a late hit. He engaged the quaterback before the ball left his hands. The whistle was not blown to call the play dead. Myles Garrett's head was buried in the torso of the QB the entire time for the tackle and it was actually less than 2 seconds from the time of contact until on the ground.

The rule for roughing the passer states "the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player's arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight." That's what he was doing by twisting him so that the QB actually lands on him. If he would have tackled him to the ground landing on top of the QB, he would be more likely to get a roughing the passer penalty.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Not that it makes it right, but Rudolph helped this along by wedging both hands into Garrett's facemask first, giving him a nice eye rake, and attempting to pull his helmet off (before Garrett snapped and pretty much lost his mind). Typical Steeler unpunished cheap shot!
27.gif

Actually looked to me like Rudolph's hand was already wedged in Garrett's helmet during the tackle. I don't think Rudolph was deliberately putting his hand in there.

In any case smashing a helmet over the skull of a guy that had just had been knocked out and a concussion should be a class a battery charge, Garrett could have killed Rudolph, he was lucky he didn't. This deserves jail time.

So what's a good word to describe what happened to the helmet? Irony comes to mind but I don't think it quite fits. Something designed to protect your head ends up hurting it instead.

It amazes me few people seem to see that Garrett instigated the whole thing by slamming Rudolph into the ground well after Rudolph threw a pass. I don't blame Rudolph at all, because Garrett was on top of him, shoving and would not get off.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Garret will be punished severely and deserves what ever suspension and fine the league hands down. Hes just lucky he hit him with the bottom part of the helmet were there was some padding or Murphy might have been taken off on a stretcher and be in a coma today. Pouncey will see at least a game for his retaliation also but Garret is done.

Unless he is thrown out of the NFL for life, criminally prosecuted, fined into penury (eight figures), and locked up for at least five years, he got off lightly.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Garret will be punished severely and deserves what ever suspension and fine the league hands down. Hes just lucky he hit him with the bottom part of the helmet were there was some padding or Murphy might have been taken off on a stretcher and be in a coma today. Pouncey will see at least a game for his retaliation also but Garret is done.

Unless he is thrown out of the NFL for life, criminally prosecuted, fined into penury (eight figures), and locked up for at least five years, he got off lightly.

That's just the violence inherent in the system. Albert Haynesworth got a 5 game suspension when he stomped on someone with his foot and that guy needed 30 stitches afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYU87QNjPw

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
It's weird because Garret is a nice guy off the field. Less than a month ago he took a picture with a fan. The fan punched him in the face afterwards and he never reacted. Here's a link to the story.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/201...n-punched-him-in-downtown-cleveland.html

I always suspect drug usage, after all the NFL tests for doping drugs but do they test for things like cocaine, meth, barbs, ect? Many of these guys came from
rough hoods even if they went to college and that culture never really goes away even if they make it in the professional league with all the money.

Originally Posted by gman2304
I understand Kaepernick might be coming back......

Takes a knee right here

5E7BB7DE-F338-4B22-8F21-78109FD38001.jpeg

Originally Posted by gman2304
I understand Kaepernick might be coming back......

Wow, these professional SJWs (with millions of dollars and all the opportunity possible) never want to go away.

Originally Posted by oldhp
Originally Posted by dippschtick
He should be in jail. Assault with a weapon.

The NFL should press those assault charges. He's been kicked out.

I think it is up to the person who was assaulted to press criminal charges with the authorities. The employer of that person has no legal standing to press charges based on my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back