Let’s see how this looks after 4 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to go with the Fram XG3614 on my Kohler Command 15hp...I'm gonna try it for four seasons and see how it goes. I will be changing out the oil every season with fresh QSUD 10W30. She's an old girl being from 95-99 but she's a trooper. Any suggestions or comments of this time frame?

BEC0520B-3519-42F8-9554-BA6CB94AB0C1.jpeg

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
If I am going to change oil , I am going to change the filter , too .

X2
cheers3.gif

That is a filter with a lot of area on a small motor. It probably is a bypass filter too. Most of the upside down/sideways on mowers are. Dirty filters within reason filter better.

I bet it is fine after 4 years. I bet there are a lot of those 10+ years old with the original oil and filter

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
That is a filter with a lot of area on a small motor. It probably is a bypass filter too. Most of the upside down/sideways on mowers are. Dirty filters within reason filter better.

I bet it is fine after 4 years. I bet there are a lot of those 10+ years old with the original oil and filter

I'm treating each season like it's 5k miles. So by that logic, 4 years equals 20k. I plan on putting these on my wife's and my car too and running them for 4 OCI of 5k...should still be fine

Originally Posted by Bettez88
Why if it's rated for 20k?

Interesting I'd like to see a UOA on that after your first change.
How often do you run your generator?
Number of average hours a quarter.
Hours of run time on a generator are lots different than miles on a car. What is the suggested oil change hours on yours?
I know my daughters Kohler says 50 hours.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by Bettez88
Why if it's rated for 20k?

Interesting I'd like to see a UOA on that after your first change.
How often do you run your generator?
Number of average hours a quarter.
Hours of run time on a generator are lots different than miles on a car. What is the suggested oil change hours on yours?
I know my daughters Kohler says 50 hours.

I've never done a UOA so I haven't a clue on how to go about doing it

I replaced a filter on a Ryan verticutter with a Kohler CH11. Someone installed a filter for a Honda GX series V-twin on it and the engine to my surprise didn't spray oil for however long it was on.

I put on a PH3614, an Ultra might be better choice for OPE as are Wix or Puro(Motorcraft) due to metal end caps. OPE unlike cars do spend a lot time in storage and my concern is that the media will eventually warp.

Originally Posted by nthach
I replaced a filter on a Ryan verticutter with a Kohler CH11. Someone installed a filter for a Honda GX series V-twin on it and the engine to my surprise didn't spray oil for however long it was on.

I put on a PH3614, an Ultra might be better choice for OPE as are Wix or Puro(Motorcraft) due to metal end caps. OPE unlike cars do spend a lot time in storage and my concern is that the media will eventually warp.

I'm not as concerned with the ultra because it has the steel wire backing

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
If I am going to change oil , I am going to change the filter , too .

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back