New Fram boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 4WD
Ok, please post your filter when done …

For the rest of you, how many run each of these 20k/15k/10k

XG/TG/Orange can

Been using XG's but can't make myself not change each time the oil is changes. When I use up what I have, may go with TG's..............

Originally Posted by tc1446
Originally Posted by 4WD
Ok, please post your filter when done …

For the rest of you, how many run each of these 20k/15k/10k

XG/TG/Orange can

Been using XG's but can't make myself not change each time the oil is changes. When I use up what I have, may go with TG's..............

Same here I have my last orange can left in the stash for the Duramax!

On my 5w30 engines … was running two 5k OCI's on Fram Ultra … but with 0w20 and DI in V8 engines … will start to use a cheap filter change to make room for a fresh quart … having the M1 AP stash, hate to waste it … so thinking this will be my new plan …

Originally Posted by Bebop367
Are the new boxes sealed?

The Ultra always has been, and appears to still be, but that does not stop people at Walmart from swapping an Ultra into a Supertech box.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
... I'm pushing my tough guard to 20k this time
smile.gif

I recently took out a TG10358 cartridge with >25k. It looks new (other than obviously oily), and isn't significantly plugged.

Originally Posted by mazdamonky
I think the new boxes make the filters look cheap and not so attractive. The old box is prettier/looks more upscale. But the filter is the same in theory so I will continue to use them.

01.gif

I agree with this take
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by blupupher
and also, am I the only one wondering why the old box Fram's did not go on clearance?
Where did they go?

Probably just sold? Maybe shipped back for repackaging?

Idk. Normally they're just sold if theres a change in packaging but SKUs stay the same.

My local AAP still has Blue Pureones (prior to the mustard ones, prior to the current lineup) still on the shelf. Tractor supply still has non grip Extended Guards on the shelf. Before KMart closed they still had Double Guards in stock.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
If they blow out Ultras on Rock Auto, count me in.

Me too!

Originally Posted by dogememe
How many package redesigns are they going to do? Almost as many package redesigns as Valvoline oil LOL!

Man, Valvoline jug I bought yesterday is a work of art, LoL …

Originally Posted by 4WD
... Man, Valvoline jug I bought yesterday is a work of art, LoL …
That's how they spend the money they save by not offering rebates like their biggest competitors do.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
Originally Posted by blupupher
and also, am I the only one wondering why the old box Fram's did not go on clearance?
Where did they go?

Probably just sold? Maybe shipped back for repackaging?

Idk. Normally they're just sold if theres a change in packaging but SKUs stay the same.

They just sold. No clearance. Same UPCs. It's just a package redesign.
The reason Supertechs went on clearance is because the item actually changed.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted by TXCarGeek
Has the Extra Guard always had a silicone ADBV?

Around late 2017.

Ahh gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back