2020 Camaro LT1 V8, Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by E365
^ Even beyond that, putting it all together on a track and the $43k Camaro SS 1LE is THE fastest car around a track under $50k. Nothing else is even close.

The GM Alpha chassis used in these is just spectacular. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

People forget that when this chassis debuted in 2012 as a 13 ATS it was lauded for excellent handling. I had one for an extended rental and with only a 3.6 and standard equipment it was amazingly capable!

banana2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the info on the throttle lag Cujet. That would be super annoying to deal with, along with the visibility, micro trunk, ect. The only really irritating thing with my golf is the low front wheel drive traction but the gas pedal behaves like it should. I wish i could wait for the next generation camaro but this might be the last one.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by A_A_G
Great powertrain, but the rest of the car is terrible inside and out. Typical V8 GM vehicles.

Very helpful, it's always nice to hear from an experienced automotive connoisseur.

Do not forget, you can get two Camry 4cyl for this price. The pinnacle of automotive evolution!

This is a ridiculous deal and an incredible amount of performance for the money. The fun factor is off the charts!

Originally Posted by edyvw
Do not forget, you can get two Camry 4cyl for this price. The pinnacle of automotive evolution!

I think this should be the new BITOG conversion factor. Every new vehicle we discuss should be expressed in the number of Camrys that it can buy.

Jump on that deal and send pictures (just one burn out is enough, tires are expensive) ...œ

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Great powertrain, but the rest of the car is terrible inside and out. Typical V8 GM vehicles.

Very helpful, it's always nice to hear from an experienced automotive connoisseur.

You are killing me. LOL.

I am going to assume he hasn't sat in one or even drove one they are pretty decent inside and out.

I've sat and one and have owned GM vehicles in the past. They don't hold up minus the powertrain. If you're not a long term owner, sure, this will work well.

Originally Posted by tomcat27
A V6 Camry costs more than 30K. an I4 Camry is mid 20's+

Yes, the new 2020 Camry TRD which comes with the V6 starts at 31k.

2020_toyota_camry_trd_midnight_black_metallic_profile.jpg

2020-toyota-camry-trd-first-drive.jpg

I've sat and one and have owned GM vehicles in the past. They don't hold up minus the powertrain. If you're not a long term owner, sure, this will work well.

See? I TOLD you all that he was an experienced automotive connoisseur.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

I think this should be the new BITOG conversion factor. Every new vehicle we discuss should be expressed in the number of Camrys that it can buy.

01.gif

Well now that they have a TRD camry i should just get that instead!

See? I TOLD you all that he was an experienced automotive connoisseur.

LOL you must be a big GM Kool-Aid drinker

LOL you must be a big GM Kool-Aid drinker

I sure am- as you can tell by the cars in my sig...

Dario did you look for pricing at Dave smith motors? The have a ton of camaro's in stock. Always good pricing

Originally Posted by ls1mike

You are killing me. LOL.

I am going to assume he hasn't sat in one or even drove one they are pretty decent inside and out.

There is some truth to what you say....Some Interior pieces are just brittle as is some of the switchgear. While some complaints come from ham fisted owners trying to modify their car....Breaking stuff in the process.

The 5th Gen F-Bodies didn't age all that bad & the 6th Gen seems to be even better along with the entire Alpha Platform as a whole. Why not point out problems with this particular car or problems with the Platform?

Make fun of this post all you want, but I tend to agree. The aspects of the car that are evident to the driver are cheap, cheap, cheap. Claims to the contrary are simply incorrect. Get an Acura or lexus if you want a quality interior. But don't expect such high end cars to perform at the same level unless you spend a fortune.

Yes, the suspension, engine and transmission are impressive pieces.

Last edited:
What ? you are not gonna get an AMG interior for that cost - and still get the driveline and chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back