Steelers/Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody's going to get a vacation and is going to caugh up more in fines than some people make a year.

Must be that Earl Thomas hit earlier in the season that made him to do it. Yes bet on it he'll have a PC excuse.

Last edited:
Glad I got bored of this game and went to bed. More NFC North head hunting and dirty play. Browns have taken the place of the Bengals.
I'd assume Pouncey gets a game here, but Garrett is done for the season and maybe a lot of next year. That helmet was inches from creating serious injury or worse. All parties involved were very lucky it didn't.

I was impressed with his warrior spirit ripping his helmet off and beating him with it. The field isn't the right place for it but I want him on my team when TEOTWAWKI comes.

They meet again in 16 days.

Originally Posted by dippschtick
He should be in jail. Assault with a weapon.

If he hadn't been in Cleveland, he might well have been arrested...

Brawling after a home win should be left to the fans.

In other incidents, three Steelers and I think two Browns left the game with concussions.

Garrett needs a strong, strong punishment (multiple games). Fighting, cheap hit, etc is one thing but using a helmet to strike a player with no helmet on is way too much. There's a lot of "violence" in sports and some of it really is part of the game. Using a helmet like that becomes criminal, IMO. Willie Smith, # 66 on the Steelers, should be left alone even though he body-slammed Garrett. They protect their QBs no matter what. Schobert, # 53 on the Steelers, while I can understand his actions, he went too far, especially kicking Garrett while he was on the ground.

Edit: Crossed out Steelers' players names 'cause it looks like I got them wrong

Is it really assault though by Myles Garret or the Steeler's QB? The QB tried to take Myles Garrett's helmet off first, possibly tried to kick him in the balls a couple time and then he threw the punches just before Myles Garrett swung his helmet. If somebody takes a swing at me on the street and I respond by using a weapon to defend myself, I wouldn't be charged with assault would I?

Originally Posted by mk378
Brawling after a home win should be left to the fans.

I had 49er tickets for much of the 80's.
I saw numerous fist fights, especially after a Rams game.
And this was SF, supposedly the "wine and cheese" fans.

Originally Posted by czbrian

Is it really assault though by Myles Garret or the Steeler's QB? The QB tried to take Myles Garrett's helmet off first, possibly tried to kick him in the balls a couple time and then he threw the punches just before Myles Garrett swung his helmet. If somebody takes a swing at me on the street and I respond by using a weapon to defend myself, I wouldn't be charged with assault would I?

The QB was angry because of the take down. If you watch the replay you'll see Garrett do everything he could to take the QB to the ground landing on top of him well after the ball was out of his hands. That take down was completely necessary.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Garrett needs a strong, strong punishment (multiple games). Fighting, cheap hit, etc is one thing but using a helmet to strike a player with no helmet on is way too much. There's a lot of "violence" in sports and some of it really is part of the game. Using a helmet like that becomes criminal, IMO. Willie Smith, # 66 on the Steelers, should be left alone even though he body-slammed Garrett. They protect their QBs no matter what. Schobert, # 53 on the Steelers, while I can understand his actions, he went too far, especially kicking Garrett while he was on the ground.

Just wanted to correct you.
It was Pounchy #53 Steelers.

Sorry, Schobert is a WI guy and had a great game. But not involved.

Garret will be punished severely and deserves what ever suspension and fine the league hands down. Hes just lucky he hit him with the bottom part of the helmet were there was some padding or Murphy might have been taken off on a stretcher and be in a coma today. Pouncey will see at least a game for his retaliation also but Garret is done.

Last edited:
But anyway, IDK what will happen, but I think the NFL will make examples out of all involved. 3 players at min get suspensions. Probably 4 get fines. Just for this incident. More fines for other hits in game. Especially Browns #23 Randall helmet to helmet on Steelers WR.

suspensions. Personally I would make them for the rest of the season and all next year and 7 figure fine to get his and everyone else attention.

Rod

Originally Posted by SevenBizzos
More AFC North head hunting and dirty play. Browns have taken the place of the Bengals.

Fixed this for you. I agree the Browns are filthy.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Edit: Crossed out Steelers' players names 'cause it looks like I got them wrong

You forgot Rudolph throwing weak punches and when finally getting hit after throwing a half dozen pillow punches looking at the Ref and throwing his hands up. Rudolph not only needs to watch a few games on the couch. Then when he is done he and Garrett can get into a cage and Rudolph can throw all the pillow punches all he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back