Accord reached a milestone today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Is that the 4 banger? Long runners...
Any OCI secrets? Oil brand, filter, etc?
I recently gave a single Mom my parents 1998 LX with about 85K. Always garaged...
It's perfect. She has put 20K on it since May.

But has she had the oil changed yet?

My 02 Accord has 218k on it. Its the 4cyl. Its on at least it's second transmission and i have another to go in as this one is acting up. I do like the way the transmission shifts though.

Nice to see everyone using cell phones while driving to take those amazing pics we all need to see.
31.gif

Originally Posted by mjk
get back when you hit 300k. I periodically drive a crap Chevy Cobalt, that gets bare minimum maintenance.... and it is over 260k and runs great.

My condolences for having to have driven that turd for 260k miles. That must've been brutal.

Originally Posted by nickaluch
How do you guys rack up these miles? My commercial trucks don't have those miles but pile on a ton of hours dealing with NYC traffic. Great milestone hopefully many trouble free more.

NYC traffic, I know it well. When you consider the hours vehicles run in NYC commutes and translate them to miles, 250K miles isn't that much. EG a 20 mile run to get into or out of NYC during rush hour can take 2-3 hours, in some parts of the country in 2-3 hours you can cover well over 100 miles. LOL Having said that 220K miles is still an impressive milestone.

What has your maintenance been like? How often do you change your fluids and filters?

How do you guys rack up these miles?

My commute is about 94 miles round trip per day -- not uncommon in this area, and I'm considered to be fairly close to my work. Many of my coworkers commute in to our NW DC shop from West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Pamper him/her and give it a wash and a wax...

RE lolvoguy: taking pictures with a cellphone. When my elantra reached 66,666 and 77,777 miles, I stopped on the right, on a 15 mph low volume road.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Is that the 4 banger? Long runners...
Any OCI secrets? Oil brand, filter, etc?
I recently gave a single Mom my parents 1998 LX with about 85K. Always garaged...
It's perfect. She has put 20K on it since May.

But has she had the oil changed yet?

I was at Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose when my Dad bought the car.
I am the only one to service this car.
So yes, I am keeping up with the services.
I just changed the oil with Quaker State Synthetic, 5w30.
Next time I will replace the plugs and service the transmission.

All good bro. Thanks for the reminder.
My only requirement was Cindy bring me the car whan serivice was due.

Originally Posted by John_K
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Great achievement! It's actually quite rare compared to all vehicles. The average number to reach 200,000 miles is 0.8% AFAIK.

Just read 1.2 percent.

Is it really that low? I thought the mantra around here was "all cars go 200k". Maybe it should be "all cars could go 200k".

Thanks, everyone! Glad to see other HM Accord owners chiming in. My dad bought it new in 2002 and gave it to me several years back. Despite being a 4-cyl, the original tranny grenaded at 130k.

My maintenance plan:

- VML HM syn every 7500 mi (has greatly reduced seepage under the car); Fram Ultra every 15k.
- ATF D&F every 15k
- Turkey baster out PSF every 2 yrs or so
- Brake fluid every 3 yrs
- Air filter every 30k
- Cabin filter whenever I remember it. Access requires taking apart half the dash.

How do you guys rack up these miles? .

From one end of the DFW Metroplex (Weatherford, TX) to the other end (Terrel, TX) is over 100 miles!
It usually takes over 2 hours... and I sometime cross it several times a day.

Plus, add in a couple Waco or Denton trips, and It's nothing to do 400-500 miles in one day - - - and never actually leave the North Central Texas area, LOL!

Originally Posted by Linctex
How do you guys rack up these miles? .

From one end of the DFW Metroplex (Weatherford, TX) to the other end (Terrel, TX) is over 100 miles!
It usually takes over 2 hours... and I sometime cross it several times a day.

Plus, add in a couple Waco or Denton trips, and It's nothing to do 400-500 miles in one day - - - and never actually leave the North Central Texas area, LOL!

Exactly! Because Texas is freaking HUGE!! Lots of high mileage cars here.

I think Thirdeye here has somewhere in the 600,000-700,000 mile range on his Accord,

Originally Posted by mclasser
Thanks, everyone! Glad to see other HM Accord owners chiming in. My dad bought it new in 2002 and gave it to me several years back. Despite being a 4-cyl, the original tranny grenaded at 130k.

My maintenance plan:

- VML HM syn every 7500 mi (has greatly reduced seepage under the car); Fram Ultra every 15k.
- ATF D&F every 15k
- Air filter every 30k
- Cabin filter whenever I remember it. Access requires taking apart half the dash.

You might once a year run a high quality fuel system cleaners with PEA from Gumout or Redline Si-1.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Nice to see everyone using cell phones while driving to take those amazing pics we all need to see.
31.gif

It's possible to take a photo using tactile feel alone, without ever taking your eyes off the road. A few simple hand movements is a lot different than burying your head in a screen while you try to type out / read a message. But alas, someone has to play the "holier than thou" card!

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
31.gif

It's possible to take a photo using tactile feel alone, without ever taking your eyes off the road

Yes, because a smartphone with it's multi-use screen gives you plenty of "tactile feel" as your scrolling through various apps, screens etc. to get to the camera.
29.gif

Yes, because a smartphone with it's multi-use screen gives you plenty of "tactile feel" as your scrolling through various apps, screens etc. to get to the camera.
29.gif

Why would you do that? Most any modern smartphone has a quick camera shortcut that will open the camera without navigating any menus. On an Iphone, it's swipe left on the screen, then press UP volume button to take the photo. Unless you're a total klutz it can be done by feel without ever looking at the phone. Hardest part is aiming the camera in the general direction, but how hard is it to capture the odometer that's right in front of you? The whole process is easier (and likely safer) than eating a hamburger.

Originally Posted by mclasser

My maintenance plan:

- ATF D&F every 15k
- Air filter every 30k

I'm impressed. You really take care of your transmission. Do you use Honda ATF and Power Steering fluid?

mine has 389000 on it.
rebuilt the tranny at 340000.
that was a surprisingly easy job.
i have been doing a spill and fill every 20k with maxlife.
it does need a wheel bearing in the front but that is cheap and easy.
was dealer serviced all its life till tranny got wonky.
its been a good daily beater.
i will get video of it turning the big 400k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back