TDS review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i wanna know if the TDS of the oil i am using is good for my 98 Mitsubishi lancer

Screenshot_2019-11-14-11-27-23-732_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

20W-50 itself wouldn't be a problem in Egypt.

Only meeting API SJ means that it would be considered a fairly old product by global standards.

Not sure what engine your Mitsubishi Lancer has, as there are number of engines that have been sold in that car globally. Most posters here would likely prefer a full synthetic motor oil for a low-displacement 4-cylinder engine. If it has a turbocharger, then synthetic lubricants are pretty much considered mandatory.

Nah it has no turbo, its a pretty standard 1.3 motor don't know the exact type but its a 4 cylinders 1.3, and 20w50 is fine but is the tds good for a motor oil or should i look for something else

Originally Posted by Espada
but is the tds good for a motor oil or should i look for something else

If it truly meets ACEA A3/B4, then I'd consider it pretty decent.

KV100 = 71
shocked2.gif

Is that a typical range for 20W50? Thickies must love that!

Don't recall seeing KV100 that high with any of the bitog oils but I guess not many may run 20W50 here.

Also flash & pour points are
shocked2.gif

On the surface, looks too thick! What is the recommendation in the owner's manual?

The numbers in the IP and ASTM columns are, I believe, identifiers of the test methods used, not the figures the test results came up with. Here is a product description of a Mag1 20W-50 oil:

https://mag1.com/products/passenger...oil/mag-1-conventional-20w-50-motor-oil/

In your hot climate, a 1998 engine will do OK with 20W-50 oil. A 15W-40 will do well also. I used both in the past in my 1998 Honda CRV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back