Creation date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of forums have the creation date under the Thread Title next to the users name that created the thread. I wonder how hard this would be to add.

Anyone else think this would be a good idea?

There is a date that the thread was posted. In the same line as the title; right hand corner.
Then every date of those who have responded. Do you just want it moved for the sake of moving it?

Just curious.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
There is a date that the thread was posted. In the same line as the title; right hand corner.
Then every date of those who have responded. Do you just want it moved for the sake of moving it?

Just curious.

I think he was asking about the ability to see the creation date when you look at the list of thread titles within a forum, without having to click into each thread. Another words, within forum view, not within an individual thread view.

Other forums that I frequent do display this info, right next to the user that created the thread.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Just curious.

I think he was asking about the ability to see the creation date when you look at the list of thread titles within a forum, without having to click into each thread. Another words, within forum view, not within an individual thread view.

Other forums that I frequent do display this info, right next to the user that created the thread.

Yes this is what I meant, thanks. That way you can tell how old the tread is without actually going into it, I know we all have probably went into a thread only to find out it's a few years old
smile.gif

That's the date of the last post made, not when the thread was created.

Only thing I can think of why the OP likes this idea is to avoid entering threads that are very old that someone dug up and replied to.

Originally Posted by Duffyjr

Just curious.

Yes this is what I meant, thanks. That way you can tell how old the tread is without actually going into it, I know we all have probably went into a thread only to find out it's a few years old
smile.gif

A thread that is years old will be buried many pages deep WAY down on the list of threads.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Duffyjr

Just curious.

smile.gif

A thread that is years old will be buried many pages deep WAY down on the list of threads.

Not if someone just dug it up by responding to it.

Rarely happens. Reader just needs to look at the post dates on the header. Not that hard.

Rarely happens. Reader just needs to look at the post dates on the header. Not that hard.

Happens often enough.... What "post dates on the header" are you talking about ? If you mean dates you see after going into the thread, well, that defeats the whole purpose of the OP's request.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Happens often enough.... What "post dates on the header" are you talking about ? If you mean dates you see after going into the thread, well, that defeats the whole purpose of the OP's request.

Is it that hard to click on a thread to open it and look? How lazy are people getting these days, lol.
laugh.gif

Besides, even if the thread is an old resurrected thread, it might be worth reading for most people.

Yeah, I know ... but I'd say it's way down on the usefulness scale. Not hard to get along otherwise.

I just think it's nice to see this on the other forums I go to. I also know some features it's just a matter of checking a box in the admin but I see other forums that use UBB threads don't have this feature so it may not be available.

Some might call it being lazy but I call it efficiency
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back