Accord reached a milestone today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the crappy quality. I luckily got the pic in time!

[Linked Image]

get back when you hit 300k. I periodically drive a crap Chevy Cobalt, that gets bare minimum maintenance.... and it is over 260k and runs great.

Awesome! It really is a great feeling hitting all the different 200k+ milestones on a car that still runs good. The milestones are never quite the same with a POS car that likes to break down- at that point you're cursing every milestone!

275k is the next milestone for my commuting car, looking forward to the big 300! At around 220k I had to do a water pump and a few suspension bits since then, otherwise haven't touched a thing. Hope your ride continues to treat you good through the 200-300k journey!

Originally Posted by nickaluch
How do you guys rack up these miles? My commercial trucks don't have those miles but pile on a ton of hours dealing with NYC traffic. Great milestone hopefully many trouble free more.

Dunno about others but I wound up living 50+ miles from work. Heck my stay at home wife manages 25k/year on just her car.

Congrats....once you own cars for so long it's like they become part of the family, a little like your dog.
laugh.gif

Is that the 4 banger? Long runners...
Any OCI secrets? Oil brand, filter, etc?
I recently gave a single Mom my parents 1998 LX with about 85K. Always garaged...
It's perfect. She has put 20K on it since May.

Last edited:
Once I started to work mostly from home my miles went down and I got sick less often. I remember being in the office towards the end of Oct. But not in Nov yet.

But I intend to keep my Ford PSD a long time. It gets treatments of rust prevention spring and fall. Synthetic oil and bypass filter. Wife does not drive it.

It is possible to drive these 6th generation Accord V6 4-speed AT to relatively high mileage without any major (e.g., transmission) repairs. Mine hit 250k miles last Friday.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by benjamming
It is possible to drive these 6th generation Accord V6 4-speed AT to relatively high mileage without any major (e.g., transmission) repairs. Mine hit 250k miles last Friday.

[Linked Image]

I believe the 1998-2002 Accords had problems with their (BAXA) AT's....Honda extended the warranty because of it....the V6's seemed more troublesome than the 4 bangers.....I sold my 2001 4 cylinder at 110K because of the uncertainty of the A/T's durability....

Wifes 2000 Accord had 330k+ on it when it got totaled back in August. I had a pic of the odometer, but I think I deleted it. It was still ticking, even after she ran it dry on oil in July. That poor car had a rough end of its life, but I'm fairly confident we would have made 400k easily.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Great achievement! It's actually quite rare compared to all vehicles. The average number to reach 200,000 miles is 0.8% AFAIK.

Just read 1.2 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back