Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 4WD
10k/15k/20k … ?

Not me … 10k on Ultra, been there

Consensus on here would say Ultra is more than good to 20k. But you can do whatever you like.

I'm not going to run an Ultra past 10k, but at the same time, I suspect it could handle 20k in one of my vehicles, as the driving profile is pretty easy on oil. I'm sure they've done lots of testing and found that in a well maintained engine, they can consistently perform adequately at 20k.

My daughter is running M1 EP and a Fram Ultra in her Renegade. I did that just in case she piles on the miles faster than anticipated and gets lazy with maintenance. I can't imagine her going 20k, but I could certainly see her get to 15k or so before either she or I catches it.

First real evidence from a source testing facility, in my opinion, that the Fram filters better in the stated test than "OES filters." They don't say which OES and it has to be assumed they mean factory OES not aftermarket who supply" OES." I think it means factory OES like Toyota Denso, etc. Not second hand information as they say they test.

Trusted Since 1934*

*There was this one time when we were the Orange Can of Death on bobistheoilguy but we fixed it since everybody seems to cut filters open now.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Trusted Since 1934*

*There was this one time when we were the Orange Can of Death on bobistheoilguy but we fixed it since everybody seems to cut filters open now.

^Yea.....AMEN

*up to 20,000 miles. It just means it holds twice as much as an EG. Doesn't say everyone can go 20,000 miles.The big news is they have tested OES filters themselves, and even the EG is better in the test. This was not on the old box.

Ok, please post your filter when done …

For the rest of you, how many run each of these 20k/15k/10k

XG/TG/Orange can

Last edited:
I think the new boxes make the filters look cheap and not so attractive. The old box is prettier/looks more upscale. But the filter is the same in theory so I will continue to use them.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Ok, please post your filter when done …

For the rest of you, how many run each of these 20k/15k/10k

XG/TG/Orange can

I'm pushing my tough guard to 20k this time
smile.gif

I do two 5k oil changes on 1 Fram Ultra. I am sure it go longer, but that's what I am comfortable with. So all in all, about 5 bucks per oil change for a filter isn't bad.

What is this box design number 3 or 4 in 5 years? I don't think this one is an improvement.

I'm not super excited to see Trico messing around so soon, I suggest keeping a close eye out, because if they are mucking with boxes, they will be mucking with the filters and I'd be surprised if that was good...

As for the current ones, no issues with 20,000 on one unless your engine is a hot mess inside IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back