Shattered glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jongies3
They probably wanted to steal it and realized it was a manual and couldn't! Sorry for this, at least it was only the glass and not the paint or body damaged.

Haha, ya perks of knowing how to use the 3rd pedal. I made sure to not brush any of the glass on the leather when I was picking it up.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
maxdustington said:
I didn't find anything in the car that would have been thrown in. My work gave me a Jelly Bean for a loaner, a red Fiesta.

Is the Fiesta a manual ? I really like these even the base S models fun little cars without the DCT.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Any security cameras in the area?

Negative. We have them on the lot, but not aimed at the street.

The annoying part is for the past 12 years I have parked where that white Chevy Express van is almost every day. If you see the picture, my car is literally on Google Street View where I park most days. Today I was where that blue Mustang is in the picture.

That looks like a gorgeous area! Love that view in the background!

Originally Posted by AC1DD
maxdustington said:
I didn't find anything in the car that would have been thrown in. My work gave me a Jelly Bean for a loaner, a red Fiesta.

Is the Fiesta a manual ? I really like these even the base S models fun little cars without the DCT.

This one has the DCT. It was weird driving home with no SiriusXM like I am used to in the Mustang.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

Santa Barbara is known as the American Riviera. I do forget that people travel here a lot, I think I am just spoiled living here my whole life.

Santa Barbara is known as the American Riviera. I do forget that people travel here a lot, I think I am just spoiled living here my whole life.

Yes very lucky indeed. Visited there years ago when I lived in Granada Hills in the SF Valley. I got to watch CHiPS being filmed when it was in production
when they would drive down the unfinished part of the 118 crossing under Balboa BLVD...you could see the film car and the cycles! back about 1977!

Roving punks, we regularly have teenagers going through the neighborhood busting car windows and not taking anything. I guess it's their version of living on the edge.

Everyone at work is surprised I am not more upset over it, trust me I am, but being upset won't make the glass unshatter. The most annoying part is knowing I will be picking up glass for months.

... but honestly it's a violation of your space and criminal act. You know society is truly on it's way downward when societies sense of outrage disappears.

That being said I hope there isn't as many shards in the car as you suspect, because this is a pain.

^^Agree^^

One lucky part is it doesnt look like the body panel was dented or damaged.

Yes very lucky indeed. Visited there years ago when I lived in Granada Hills in the SF Valley. I got to watch CHiPS being filmed when it was in production
when they would drive down the unfinished part of the 118 crossing under Balboa BLVD...you could see the film car and the cycles! back about 1977!

That's AWESOME!! CHIPS was my favorite show as a kid!!

Originally Posted by jongies3
They probably wanted to steal it and realized it was a manual and couldn't! Sorry for this, at least it was only the glass and not the paint or body damaged.

Haha, ya perks of knowing how to use the 3rd pedal. I made sure to not brush any of the glass on the leather when I was picking it up.

Another perk to owning a standard is no one will ever ask to borrow or drive your car. And if you have a two seater,you never have to haul the gang around!

The glass didn't show up today
mad.gif
but I wasn't really expecting it to anyway. I have tomorrow off from work so I am going to take the car home tonight. I have cameras so I am not too worried, and I will rig up some sort of shield to tape over the opening.

I had to laugh, one of my co-workers, who was off yesterday, saw my Facebook post about this and is all into figuring out who did it. He wants to go interview people, demanding the police come look at it. He is one of those people where no-one here really knows what he does all day, so I am letting him get worked up over it.

[

That's AWESOME!! CHIPS was my favorite show as a kid!!

Sure was... we had just moved from a little northwest suburb of Chicago called Buffalo Grove, IL. It was nice there, but nothing exciting ever went on....
Granada Hills was a burb of LA, but lots more happening out there, and lots of TV/films were shot around the area surrounding LA! Hollywood was not too far away.
I liked CHiPs too!

Last edited:
Sure was... we had just moved from a little northwest suburb of Chicago called Buffalo Grove, IL. It was nice there, but nothing exciting ever went on....
Granada Hills was a burb of LA, but lots more happening out there, and lots of TV/films were shot around the area surrounding LA! Hollywood was not too far away.
I liked CHiPs too!

Yup, ChiPs was an awesome show. I remember when I was a kid and we had KCOP and KTLA here and I would watch CHiPs, Airwolf, Knight Rider, Emergency!, and Dragnet.

The glass came in today. I had the day off so I went over and picked it up and put it in. I absolutely hate trim work, but this wasn't too bad. Vacuumed up as much glass as I could get to. I'll post pictures later, my phone doesn't want to send them tonight.

Picture of the door panel with everything taken off. Spent the next while vacuuming everything up as best as could while fighting sunset.

IMG_9804.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back