Motive power brake bleeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was given as a gift a Motive power brake bleeder. It came with a couple universal adapters but would like to get the specific ones for my car(s). Anyone use this tool before? I looked at the companies website, but it isnt overly helpful on what adapter I may need. I was hoping for a put in my vehicle information and they say "get this one" type of thing.

I've got one, it's pretty cool really, but I've only used it on OBS Fords and just used the J hooks and wing nuts to hold it onto the MC reservoir

I wasn't aware they made vehicle-specific adapters, but if you find what you're looking for please share.

Did you try to call them? I had one that I just sold last year. Lack of adapters or reservoir designs with the cowl in the way were the reason I sold it.

It's amazing the support you may get from a phone call ;-)

I have one. I tried using the universal adapter once and couldn't get it to seal and gave up. But the vehicle-specific adaptors work excellent and are very easy to use. I have the 1118 for the Escalade, and the 1107 adaptor which I've used on the following vehicles:
2006 Ford Ranger
1994 Ford Bronco
1994 Ford Explorer
1999 Ford Explorer
2012 Nissan Rogue
2014 Subaru Crosstrek
2013 Subaru Legacy

excellent tool + used mine for years on many vehicles. not sure which one you have but the "caps" for the brake reservoir vary + if it fits on easily + dont leak its the correct top. surely there is info to be found with a search on line!

I think I figured out what I need. As far as the GM one, not sure what the difference between the aluminum/metal one is vs the plastic one. Maybe just that, plastic vs aluminum... not sure that is work the price difference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back